• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This interior is amazing

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Z4_cockpit.jpg

I like it. Very reminiscent of the Honda S2000 interior. If only the exterior didn't have so many blemishes.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New ZHP interior:
335i19.jpg
As the above demonstrates, I think BMW has really widened the gap between themselves and their competitors lately. For example, look at the steaming turd mess in the G37:
112_0708_14z+2008_infiniti_g37+interior.jpg
+1 for BMW.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the modern BMW interiors though I think they look okay. I just rented a brand new Audi last week and the interior grew on me a little. I always thought the e39 M5 had the best interior I'd ever seen in a non-exotic.
9289425404.253401050.IM1.15.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

fossil8412

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the modern BMW interiors though I think they look okay. I just rented a brand new Audi last week and the interior grew on me a little. I always thought the e39 M5 had the best interior I'd ever seen in a non-exotic.

Looks a lot like my e46 330i...

Asterix

Reaction score
The only car interior that is worthwhile to me.
smile.gif
d107272008800x600.jpg
mmcdashboardhell2008800.jpg

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184

The E39, whether M5 or just a 540i sport or something will always be the gold standard for sport-luxury sedans in my eyes. Awesome comfort/handling balance for a car it's size and weight and stylistically a study in restrained elegance.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
FAILcar did have a nice interior, I'll give you that.

All but that huge V and W on the steering wheel..
laugh.gif
Talk about a constant reminder..

Asterix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
FAILcar did have a nice interior, I'll give you that.
lol.... it failed in the US under the VW brand but sold like hot cakes as a Bentley.......... how sad for the dumb badge whores who paid almost 100K extra to drive practically the same car with a different badge.
smile.gif

Asterix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
All but that huge V and W on the steering wheel..
laugh.gif
Talk about a constant reminder..

A pride in their engineering accomplishment (thumbing their nose at Beemer and Benz) I'd take it to be especially since they released practically the same car (built of 80% identical parts on the same production line) for the brand whores later as a Bentley........... Now that is genius
smile.gif
nuffsaid.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^test drove a phaeton when i got my touareg. was totally blown away. was seemingly killed by brand whores who as you say preferred to overpay for more expensive buy equal or inferior cars.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asterix
A pride in their engineering accomplishment (thumbing their nose at Beemer and Benz) I'd take it to be especially since they released practically the same car (built of 80% identical parts on the same production line) for the brand whores later as a Bentley........... Now that is genius
smile.gif

I was only kidding, from what I read, that was a pretty impressive car from an engineering perspective. I did remember being skeptical that VW could pull off a super premium luxury sedan, thought it was a huge risk.. It is a nice interior though..

Asterix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I was only kidding, from what I read, that was a pretty impressive car from an engineering perspective. I did remember being skeptical that VW could pull off a super premium luxury sedan, thought it was a huge risk.. It is a nice interior though..

Gnatty8, I actually was just having fun enlightening folks about the highly unappreciated but superb gem that we briefly had in the US but is now only enjoyed by the rest of the world. The interior I posted (which has been slightly modified since inception) is from the 2010 model. Most Phaeton owners I know are having a hard time finding replacement cars that compare without having to resort to going the Bentley route.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the Phaeton was only discontinued for the U.S. markets? Interesting. Wonder if that says anything about the immense power of brand in the United States?

I am a BMW man, and could never see myself in a VW, ever. I actually doubt I'd even give the brand a chance since I can't think of a situation in which I'd find myself test driving a VW to be won over. That said, BMW earned my loyalty through terrific performance, excellent service, and what I find is pleasant styling. I don't think VW has ever had a car at my point on the demand curve. The Phaeton is nice, but I could never see myself driving it, or its closest competitors. Not me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads