• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mocked someone who reposted that /r/forwardsfromgrandma nonsense about Einstein and the professor because seriously people. Seriously. Snopes. Don't share ****. You wouldn't share herpes.

To be fair, I'm pretty liberal with posting links to snopes because seriously people.

Not disagreeing with these examples but I'd be careful using Snopes as gospel. After all, it's still just a website run by two people.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have no idea what the latter has to do with the former.

The Dutch have a saying that gets right to the heart of it: "If a story ain't true, can't be discovered by two." (For some reason, the Dutch prefer to say the saying in English.) The website needs a third person to properly debunk falsehoods. A fourth would be even better, just for insurance.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that they aren't correct in these examples. Not by a long shot as I agree that they are pertaining to what's being said. All I'm saying is that I've seen many people say that since it's on Snopes it must be true. Whereas I'd rather look into it more deeply than just say, "Oh it's on Snopes, so it must be true."

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More sad than dumb, but related to Facebook, so I'll put it here. I've had a couple of friends who started posting lots and lots of updates about their new fitness regimens and diets, and about how they were getting into such good shape. Then gradually those posts stopped appearing. And eventually I see pictures of them on Facebook in which they look exactly like they did before the exercise regimen.

These are my friends, and so I want them to succeed. I know they were posting all those updates, in part at least, to put pressure on themselves not to quit. But then they did.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

More sad than dumb, but related to Facebook, so I'll put it here. I've had a couple of friends who started posting lots and lots of updates about their new fitness regimens and diets, and about how they were getting into such good shape. Then gradually those posts stopped appearing. And eventually I see pictures of them on Facebook in which they look exactly like they did before the exercise regimen.

These are my friends, and so I want them to succeed. I know they were posting all those updates, in part at least, to put pressure on themselves not to quit. But then they did.

Long time ago I mentioned a guy who kept posting his two mile in 25 minute running routines. He stopped posting for about six months, then they came back. Looked at his pictures, and he'd gained at least 50 lbs.

Moving to Minnesota was not good for him.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a friend-of-a-friend I made through my "filmmaking" contacts. I was supposed to start making hip-hop beats for him if I wasn't completely out of commission in that regard as well. Now I honestly don't know if I could do any business with him in good faith, since his statuses are a perpetual embarrassment.

There is money out here.. And I know there is a millionaire out here thats willing to invest a million to turn it into 10 million. And I will find that person.. Whoever it is..

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow, I think Piobaire would appreciate this:

Who created nature? Our beautifully well crafted bodies? There was a beginning...that was God. There will be an end..judgement. When it comes to that moment many will cry out..why didn't I believe? Sure hope some of you are right in your beliefs!!!

She works as a promotions girl for a "Girls Gone Wild"-type company that goes from bar to bar, inducing drunk girls to show their **** and lick whipped cream off each other.

So yeah, she's pretty much my dream girl.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These aren't friends of mine, but the **** people post after news stories on Facebook while trying to be funny is some of the most cringe inducing, unfunny **** I've ever read (I didn't bother blurring names out since they posted this on a public FB page).

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I don't know, I thought a lot of those replies were really funny. The seafood was frozen! And so it will melt (because there was a fire)! LOL!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on, Tagutcow. We all know you'd hit it without a second thought. :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads