• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst Look

Balfour

Reaction score
Odd vest worn without a jacket surely deserves an honourable mention in this thread:

Remember, like bourbon's lurkers, those guys are putting time, effort and treasure into 'looking sharp'.

Dagon

Reaction score
My General Manager wears the same charcoal plaid sport coat that is so long, it hangs almost to his knees.

This with pants and a black polyester golf polo.

Every Single Day.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Atlanta. So a bit shy of the Heartland as I think of it. The guys crack me up though. I had an entire conversation with them about cordovan shoes last week. The next day they are wearing tucked in t-shirts and woven loafers. Come to think of it, they're probably lurkers on here...

As a Style Missionary, you haven't yet introduced them to the well-curated collection at Sid Moshpit?

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very success sales executive in home decor wears a classic cut solid or pinstripe suit with a synthetic white or black UnderArmour T-shirt. It even has the logo over his tit. I see this guy 6-8 times a year and he is always wearing the same thing.

He is a very nice guy. One day I will try and find a way to talk him into wearing a collared shirt.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

As a Style Missionary, you haven't yet introduced them to the well-curated collection at Sid Moshpit?

They know full-well of its existence. And they certainly have the money (one wears a 14k Presidential and the other rotates between a Reverso and a Mark XV). However, they are so confident when they talk about their "style," I don't think there is any getting through to them.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Odd vest worn without a jacket surely deserves an honourable mention in this thread:  

Remember, like bourbon's lurkers, those guys are putting time, effort and treasure into 'looking sharp'.

:butbut: But but but...It's the transitional time of year.

Come to think of it I usually have a jacket and take it off. I cannot stand the shirt/tie without a jacket/vest look.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They know full-well of its existence. And they certainly have the money (one wears a 14k Presidential and the other rotates between a Reverso and a Mark XV). However, they are so confident when they talk about their "style," I don't think there is any getting through to them.

When I was growing up in New York my old money looking trad dad- he was the son of poor immigrants,
would, upon seeing men dressed like your colleagues, comment, "out-of-towners".

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Guy I used to work with wore *triple* pleated suit pants with a golfing shirt just about every day. Paired with black tennis shoes. He claimed that because the shoes were black, they looked "basically" the same as real shoes.

:facepalm:

We had a guy like this here. I overheard his boss yell at him about wearing sneakers. I heard him as he walked by say, "But they're black!" :facepalm:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before somewhere, but there is this one department in my company that for some reason all of the guys dress similarly. Not in the sense that they have a dress code, but more like a consistent specific style. They wear tight dress shirts, usually a bold color, and/or pattern, very slim dress pants and wacky shoes. Like burnished grey wingtips, or really light tan split toes with distressing and such. Also, a lot of french cuffs with sometimes... wait for it... a sweater over the french cuff shirt. It started with just two guys like this, then they hired another, and now there are four guys that dress like this. It is very bizarre. It is like they all feed off of each other. One day I want to say something to the lot of them, like ask a really loaded question about how they go shopping together or something.

The weirdest guy of the bunch told me that he has his wife iron the crease out of all of his trousers because "it's too hard to maintain". Also, he said his Allen Edmonds (burnished grey suede) hurt his knees because of the "bounce" corked goodyear welted shoes have. I think he's just an idiot. It is a shame because he's a really nice guy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads