• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks.
hard to tell from pic maybe, but my hair is pretty much cut like this

Socks are actually a light beige, but a white pair would work equally well for the aesthetic.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sugar said... but also I really don't care what people on SF or the internets think nearly as much as IRL. So SF's reaction is not that important, has little to do with how good your outfit looks to most average folks, and thus pasteurization shouldn't worry too much about posting pics here because the feedback, while it can be good, may not correlate with his reality.

As a result of that, I think looks here that get a lot of thumbs and appreciation may not get the same kind of appreciation IRL, in fact maybe the opposite in some cases.

I don't agree with this statement. With the exception of some of the schneider/goth ninja fits that are a direct appeal to forum tastes, well-dressed is well-dressed. People won't notice if you dress like a slob because most do, but they will notice if you consistently look good.

The average person cares much less about how you dress than you do. Provided you're not wearing a DvN paisley suit to meet your stodgy accounting firm's CEO it's unlikely how you're dressed will draw more than a second glance

In my experience wearing Dries anywhere will get you a second glance.

I think I've said this plenty of times (to be completely honest) one of the things that draws me to Margiela is the mostly classic styles with small little awesome changes that I won't hate when I'm 35

I think we have plenty of examples from the older gents in this forum wearing cool ****, but I don't know what I would do with a collection of Rick in my late 30's. I know I know Kunk et al, but this requires a more "normal" wardrobe for work and or family trips type stuff. I like having one set of wears that is normal wearable enough for all occasions. I won't ever escape my Cuban culture so I've made peace with this

Basically I'm saying I like to have a middle ground. I also live in wastelands of huge linen pants and the jacket shorts combo. In my part of the caribbean you can walk around shirtless anywhere you want before that is brought up
satisfied.gif

Protip from a guy I met in Palm Beach. Millionaires don't own yachts, billionaires do
I try to do this, too, although in a different way than you. One of the coolest things about Margiela is that the clothes are intentionally anachronistic and thus can't really go out of style - you can have a '90s-cut blazer with 2014 tailoring paired with a '70's collar shirt and '80's acid-wash jeans and it looks current (but not).

volatile

Reaction score

Another terrible photo... All Cabourn, with Hill Side scarf and Wolverine shoes...

Ring by Fine Light Trading; obligatory Field Notes + Blackwing hipster journo accessories...

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans are a bit tight and I would wear the scarf in another way. Maybe just wrap it around your neck. Looks a bit feminine and out of place in relation to the rest of the fit.

Everything else seems spot on.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I disagree about the scarf, maybe because that's how I usually wear them.

Agreed that the jeans are a little snug but the ToJ is money.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's very much a different style than I like, or would wear. To me the TOJ sleeves are too short, the jeans are too tight, and the scarf is too short and tight. But maybe they all just go together like that and that's the look you're going for, in which case I get it. Hair looks really good, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I usually despise those types of earrings on guys, but they kind of work with the style you have going.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iamcyborg, I dig your fit, scarf and jeans included. The only thing that irritates the eye is the mess in your closet, but that's a minor issue.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe cuz so much of MC unreasonably hates anything red and i feel the need to buck, i like tony's red tee.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those jeans look way too tight to me, good fit on the TOJ though

Ideally I'd have something with a bit more room in the thigh, still looking for that perfect pair of jeans though.

It's very much a different style than I like, or would wear. To me the TOJ sleeves are too short, the jeans are too tight, and the scarf is too short and tight. But maybe they all just go together like that and that's the look you're going for, in which case I get it. Hair looks really good, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I usually despise those types of earrings on guys, but they kind of work with the style you have going.
ToJ sleeves are definitely a bit too short, but the jumper usually ends up going past it and I quite like the way that ends up looking. Isn't shown in that photo though :( Ears were pierced straight to 6mm with biopsy punches and subsequently stretched to 8mm so they're not going anywhere!

Jeans are a bit tight and I would wear the scarf in another way. Maybe just wrap it around your neck. Looks a bit feminine and out of place in relation to the rest of the fit.

Everything else seems spot on.

It's a pretty thin scarf so ends up not looking like much if it's not wrapped that way.

I've put an order in earlier today for an 80 x 40" merino scarf from Luxire which should be a bit nicer.

Thanks for comments everyone, appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads