• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
if you saw that sweater at goodwill cop it now

(know you're just snarkin' but yeah)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Wang tank / Lanvin necklace, pants, shoes / Rick jacket

Click for hi-res version

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, Teger, I'm not saying that that's how the prints should be worn, as I'm pretty sure you're well aware people can wear clothes however the hell they want, I'm just saying this is how Yohji has showcased them to disprove your point where you mentioned they tend to be worn without other prints, but instead with a more subdued outfit. Admittedly Yohji does do that with some looks, but you'll find that the majority of looks with prints tend to be paired with a lot of other prints and bright colours. I never once claimed that you didn't know anything about Yohji, clearly you do, it just seems you're generalising the yohji aesthetic off of what seems to be a fairly limited amount of resources.

and yes, of course his prints are different from "tacky armani exchange ones", they're far superior, but they're not entirely dissimilar, and what you say there contradicts the statement preceding it, a lot of his prints are tacky and do have a subtle humour to them, and in that way are similar to the tacky armani prints you're talking about. (although admittedly a lot nicer and of a higher quality)

Just because you found a few examples of what you're talking about, that doesn't mean all of yohji's designs follow said examples, if you look back through the recent collections you'll see that most of them do not...

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear no one's going to win this argument, I give up now...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really dig the mustard+red color combo.

As Shah say's it's ketchup and mustard - perfect for hot dogs (I could ask whether it's a suitable topping for burgers but that might lead to another few pages of diversion ;) )

I think I need a higher necked long sleeve T with the sweater...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fool on the hill Thursday.

Had to pop into the office today and this was taken at lunchtime so it's a bit wrinkled...

Thursday.jpg

Nigel Cabourn
Uniqlo
COS
boots are Loake (distressed officer boots I think) but the grass hides them...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
duplicate...

Last edited:

fireflygrave

Reaction score

Okay, Teger, I'm not saying that that's how the prints should be worn, as I'm pretty sure you're well aware people can wear clothes however the hell they want, I'm just saying this is how Yohji has showcased them to disprove your point where you mentioned they tend to be worn without other prints, but instead with a more subdued outfit. Admittedly Yohji does do that with some looks, but you'll find that the majority of looks with prints tend to be paired with a lot of other prints and bright colours. I never once claimed that you didn't know anything about Yohji, clearly you do, it just seems you're generalising the yohji aesthetic off of what seems to be a fairly limited amount of resources. 

and yes, of course his prints are different from "tacky armani exchange ones", they're far superior, but they're not entirely dissimilar, and what you say there contradicts the statement preceding it, a lot of his prints are tacky and do have a subtle humour to them, and in that way are similar to the tacky armani prints you're talking about. (although admittedly a lot nicer and of a higher quality)

Just because you found a few examples of what you're talking about, that doesn't mean all of yohji's designs follow said examples, if you look back through the recent collections you'll see that most of them do not...

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear no one's going to win this argument, I give up now...

I think its more that the Yohji prints are designed to be a little snarky and humorous, whereas the armani prints and such are (possibly) designed as and (most likely) view by the potential buyers as serious and "cool" or "good-looking." I realize that's pretty pretentious as a distinction but I think the attitude with which they were designed is important to think about when you view and examine the work. I also think the playfulness comes through in Yohji's designs.

I still don't know what this has to do with Ben's graphic tees, which I agree should probably go. Good looking graphic tees are few and far between.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You OK up there? Most of my family is still without power and water, I think.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mellow, that cardigan is amazing, details?
shog[1].gif

I hope you're all okay too

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't posted in this thread in a few years at least. Canadian tuxedo for Halloween. Ropers down below.

IMG_2014.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

people on this site change their style completely every 6 months, but you need to spend 2-3 years wearing the same stuff to start wearing it comfortably and well imo.

GREAT POINT.. whoops caps

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I've reached 1 year in keeping with the same aesthetic/silhouette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics