• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my 5711 new in London last year for around $35,000 (not sure what the Cable was on that day). Current grey values grow ever nuttier. Maybe someday I can trade it straight across for a 5990.

;)

firenze_rob

Reaction score
PSA - those in the DC metro area (@Ambulance Chaser) should head over to Potomac today for a chance to pick up John Glenn’s Mark 1 Navitimer 809. There aren’t any closeups, but it looks like a Mark 1 with a grains of rice bezel. These go for 13-15k now. I know the pictures are blurry but the case looks mint. I wonder how much on owned by John Glenn will go for in the auction setting.

https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Potomac/20854/1799079?oldBundleReload=true

4E880549-FAF6-44E0-837E-09BD176DFFF3.png

6E1E1BBB-AED6-469F-8B9B-E58D5EE8DC83.png

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should've just gotten on that 5711 waiting list before :confused2: As said above, if I picked up at retail and someone offered me $50k, I'd sell and pick up a 3940 + redo the driveway.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
How very practical :colgate:

Jeremiah Say

Reaction score
Not a big fan of daytona but I love the color of this. I'd prefer the hulk aka green submariner I posted earlier in this thread. By the way, I am just curious to know what you guys prefer - Daytona over Submariner or Submariner over Daytona?

Rolex-Daytona-Credit-Humble-and-rich.jpg

Credit: Jeremiah, Humble & Rich Boutique

On the side note, I have 2 more Aps. If you guys are keen, I'll post them up in the near future.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats and enjoy!:cheers:

Not a big fan of daytona but I love the color of this. I'd prefer the hulk aka green submariner I posted earlier in this thread. By the way, I am just curious to know what you guys prefer - Daytona over Submariner or Submariner over Daytona?

Rolex-Daytona-Credit-Humble-and-rich.jpg

Credit: Jeremiah, Humble & Rich Boutique

On the side note, I have 2 more Aps. If you guys are keen, I'll post them up in the near future.

It truly depends on the model of Daytona or Submariner as there have been so many versions over the last 50+ to 60+ years. I really like both, I've owned a few of each. In general I tend to prefer Daytonas, in either all steel or all gold (yellow or rose, owned a white gold one and it wasn't for me). I don't like Daytona models that come on straps (be it rubber or leather). As for Subs, a vintage Sub 1680 is a thing of beauty, and I like various modern Subs. As for the Hulk, I'm just not a fan. The deep green dial is beautiful, but I really don't like the shade of green of the ceramic bezel. Perhaps if it were darker I would like it more. I prefer the look of the old aluminum green bezels of the Kermits far more...if specifically talking about green Subs. But as always people should go with whatever model puts the biggest smile on their faces!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HQ Milton has a 2018 5711 for $53,250 before tax. :eek2::confused:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of grey dealers are pricing new 5711 in SS in the $50’s hoping people would bite. I think people have reached their limit and these aren’t moving as fast at that price since a few grand more will get you a gold 5711 or 5990 in SS.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HQ Milton has a 2018 5711 for $53,250 before tax. :eek2::confused:

Its a nice watch, but not $50K+ nice. If someone has to have it today and they have the money to burn so be it. However, it could be tough for them to recover their money in the future if they tire of it. Remember if HQ Milton is offering it for $53,250 they didn't pay that to get it. Hell, there are gray dealers selling new 5712/1A's for the same money or less. I'd much rather have the 5712 in steel than a 5711 if spending roughly $50K...then again at $50K I'd have to give some serious thought to other Patek models and other brands such as Lange, VC, Laurent Ferrier, etc.

Kierrane

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are your general views towards the Calibre de Cartier, specifically this model?

http://www.cartier.sg/en-sg/collect...artier/wsca0003-calibre-de-cartier-watch.html

I really like the design of this, and a general google search seems to throw up fairly favorable views. However, at this price point a little more could probably get me some entry level watches from the top brands, and this is my first purchase of a (relatively) high end watch.

Your opinions are appreciated, thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads