• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was a little misunderstanding here. Yes, I said I have never heard of that brand before, but I was even more concerned about the influencer pick who took over of AP instagram of the whole day of that fashion event. @Tamara on IG. She can't put together one structured sentence in English.
Idk who she is but is English her native language?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Often, "difficult to prove" money laundering and similar payment for "services" happens via allocation of overpriced contracts (which sometimes don't even get delivered - I remember Francois Hollande's $10m website). The decision is covered in plausible deniability that can be later explained (if someone bothers digging, which they rarely do, because voters/shareholders are lazy) as a bad decision that made sense at the time. How can you counter Texasmade's "same follower count as the actress but cheaper"?

Last edited:

symphvaria

Reaction score
Any opinions on watch storage options? Just ran out of space in my 2 slot roll with a new acquisition, so I probably need to upsize.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any opinions on watch storage options? Just ran out of space in my 2 slot roll with a new acquisition, so I probably need to upsize.
I have a few 3 slot rolls in different leathers. You can go on Etsy/amazon/ebay etc and find a ton. Or you can go to the watch accessories sites and find some there, but for 2-3x the prices of the sites I first mentioned. I like keeping them in 3 slot rolls because I separate them by “purpose” and depending on what I am doing (vacation/business/family stuff) I keep that roll handy and the others stored away.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pharmacist who speaks 5 or 6 languages.
lmao that is a great description. And Chris Hemsworth was F1 driver.
How can you counter Texasmade's "same follower count as the actress but cheaper"?
You can't because these people don't understand what actually follower count means and that it matters how active they are on profile etc, so for them is exactly that. They think they are getting similar level for a lot less, but don't question it why is that so.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk who she is but is English her native language?
She claims she lived in London for over a decade and studied pharmacy there and yet she can not put together a simple sentence in English. Also she claims she speaks so many other languages, for example Italian, because her bf is Italian and she understands a few phrases and can order a drink. So I guess some people are just more talented than others. It is just good genetics and you can't do anything about it.

And now I see I probably know too much about her when I have never heard of her 2 days ago. I guess I did my research, not like the AP team. lol

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She claims she lived in London for over a decade and studied pharmacy there and yet she can not put together a simple sentence in English. Also she claims she speaks so many other languages, for example Italian, because her bf is Italian and she understands a few phrases and can order a drink. So I guess some people are just more talented than others. It is just good genetics and you can't do anything about it.

And now I see I probably know too much about her when I have never heard of her 2 days ago. I guess I did my research, not like the AP team. lol
I know the type… Some twat on a watch-site was chatting me up claiming he went to the LSE (I know, not good) and he used ‘us’ rather than ‘we’… The romance was dead thereafter.

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score

It's a non-stop battle. Yes, you may need an extra slot now, but then in a year when you find another watch to buy, then what? I have a very nice 8pcs watchbox that I really like, but I have more than 8 watches. Then I kind of like the idea of only having watches of a certain quality or the watches that I wear in my rotation in one box and then have the rest in a different box.

Yes, I have too much free time, why do you ask.

So, what I decided to do is I custom ordered a cool 6pc watchbox, as what I've observed is thats about all I really wear with regularity, with the idea that those are my key pieces and the rest will live in a different more generic box.

Of course the obvious answer is that I should sell off everything that can't fit in that box...but that's just crazy talk.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a 3-slot roll (or maybe a 4-slot to leave room for a future addition...)? Don't know...this is really a complicated jam you've carved out for yourself! ;-)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are welcome to troll at this point but I would really want to see the brainstorming behind some marketing decisions these big companies take. I can live with endorsing celebrities, many of them have a good following and solid fanbase, but when picking random influencers I would really want to know how they pick the few they decide to go with because too many times brands pick completely wrong people. And that is the process that goes through a few people or even teams that are paid for that and they still make horrible decisions.
Not every light-hearted comment is a troll.

Anyway, I, too, often wonder about the thought process (if any) that goes into these kinds of decisions.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On watch storage, I use these. These are more the copper standard. The individual slots have their own fasteners so it makes it easy to take out.

IMG_7953.jpeg
IMG_7954.jpeg

Last edited:

symphvaria

Reaction score
Maybe a 3-slot roll (or maybe a 4-slot to leave room for a future addition...)? Don't know...this is really a complicated jam you've carved out for yourself! ;-)
I'm debating between whether I should get a 3 slot, or if I should get a 4 slot because it would be silly to buy a watch roll with just one extra slot simply because my current one only has 2 slots, or if I should just bite the bullet and get a full sized box because it would be silly to buy a watch roll with more than 3 slots. I have no idea which of the above options makes the most sense right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads