• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, purely for SEO purposes, i'll probably put "Omega" in the thread title, and shorten Jaeger LeOuultre to JLC since it's mispelled so often anyway; AP as well.
Jigger la loutre, omicron, rolling in the deep, ode to Mars muskets. Watch hype appreciation thread. I'll set it up once i have some time before a keyboard.

BlairW

Reaction score
He'll probably come back under RobinIBPE.

What do we think of this, does it ****?:
1648610862200.png

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So new GMTs from both Rolex and Tudor. My guess is they’ll both “match” and be either a Coke or Black GMT.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll probably come back under RobinIBPE.

What do we think of this, does it ****?:
View attachment 1772947
Almost *****.
Things that *****: dial colors, case size of 40.5mm, case thickness of 13mm, flat link bracelet that tapers, micro adjustable clasp, broad arrow hands, and vintage straight lug case

Things that don't *****: 2 dial layout and date window

The 2 don't ***** outweigh all the ***** for me so it's a pass.

BlairW

Reaction score
Almost *****.
Things that *****: dial colors, case size of 40.5mm, case thickness of 13mm, flat link bracelet that tapers, micro adjustable clasp, broad arrow hands, and vintage straight lug case

I hear you, I just love that dial colour. I didn't have a problem with the date window, but now you've got me thinking about the 2 dials which I didn't initially consider too much

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost *****.

I think the prior generations had much better dial options and design aesthetics. However, what helps out the new ones is that the sizing is much better. I just think they got either a bit lazy or a bit gimmicky with all these different dial colors.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the prior generations had much better dial options and design aesthetics. However, what helps out the new ones is that the sizing is much better. I just think they got either a bit lazy or a bit gimmicky with all these different dial colors.
The prior version was like 16 or 17mm thick. For comparison, the new Planet Ocean Ultra Deep is 18mm thick. They were completely unwearable at 41.5mm and 16/17mm thick.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prior version was like 16 or 17mm thick. For comparison, the new Planet Ocean Ultra Deep is 18mm thick. They were completely unwearable at 41.5mm and 16/17mm thick.

That‘s why I said the sizing was better. IMO they had better dial and hand set options though.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** no, bro. The only thing worse than two register chronographs is no-register chronographs.
Only 2 register chronos I like are the VC CdV and the ALS 1815 Chrono. Patek 5170 is okay but I’d prefer the VC or ALS first. I can’t really think of 2 many other 2 register chronos that I like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics