• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

timofay

Reaction score
Ordered the shearling to US. I'm assuming shipments are DDP from Drake's to US?

Had to give my SSN to DHL. Does it matter if my shipping address doesn't match my tax address associated with my SSN?

Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

htinlinn

Reaction score
I’ve never had to pay duties when ordering directly from Drake’s. I think it’s stated as so on their website.

The only time I had DHL reach out to me was when I was returning an item back to the UK. It was a short call and everything went smoothly.

timofay

Reaction score
DHL is saying they need me to submit IRS proof of address and my social security number. I can't link my shipping address to SSN since I didn't ship this to my primary residence. Guess it'll get returned to sender. I'm done online shopping. What a pain **********.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DHL is saying they need me to submit IRS proof of address and my social security number. I can't link my shipping address to SSN since I didn't ship this to my primary residence. Guess it'll get returned to sender. I'm done online shopping. What a pain **********.
Sounds like a scam bro

astrobuoy

Reaction score
That is SUPER sketch. I have never had to submit any of that info to DHL before, nor would I. No courier company needs your SSN.

csm88

Reaction score
I would contact Drakes directly before providing any info the DHL. I recently had an issue from an order with Drakes where DHL contacted me to collect duties and customs (which was an error since it was shipped DPP). I contacted Drakes and they told me not to pay anything and they sorted it all out with DHL directly. I would suggest you do the same.

tuna roll

Reaction score
I would contact Drakes directly before providing any info the DHL. I recently had an issue from an order with Drakes where DHL contacted me to collect duties and customs (which was an error since it was shipped DPP). I contacted Drakes and they told me not to pay anything and they sorted it all out with DHL directly. I would suggest you do the same.
Ops… unrelated to Drakes but I bought a pair of EG’s from Abbot (UK) with delivery to Lisbon, shipped by Fedex. I paid all duties at checkout and then a couple days later Fedex emailed me asking for the invoice and payment receipt (PayPal or credit card statement). I sent them this info, hope it doesn’t mess things up.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotteric112oo