• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy

Reaction score
WHAT. 2020 redeemed. I hold +J in such esteem it's hilarious. I come across their pieces in thrifts from time to time and it's all held up well.
True. Not much info yet, but quite exciting as I haven't been able to appreciate +J well years back. I'm guessing the fits and silhouettes will adjust to the current times as I've seen an oversized shirt in the interview article.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.01.22 AM.png

@anonymouz That link might be the old one Best Of collection, hopefully they update soon!

VinceCompost

Reaction score
WHAT. 2020 redeemed. I hold +J in such esteem it's hilarious. I come across their pieces in thrifts from time to time and it's all held up well.

Doesn't mean the new stuff will though; things change fast in, err, fast fashion.

OT, but elastic on Muji garments from 5 years ago still going strong. Ones from last year; ready for the trash. No reason to assume that new +J will be made in the same factories, with the same materials, and to the same standards, as the old stuff.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The +J shawl collared cardigan was awesome but I sadly outgrew it. Uniqlo quality has gone down since they expanded in the US so I wouldn't be surprised if VinceCompost is right. I will still buy a +J suit if it's decent quality because I want something cheap and I outgrew all my suits too after having a kid. (no time to eat right and work out)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, for sure. Uniqlo quality has gone down since they expanded their US operations. But I remember when Uniqlo Jeans were like $80ish right? Prices have come down at least 50%, while maintaining sort of decent quality.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think only the MIJ selvedge jeans were that much? I remember going to the NYC store before they expanded and bought some vintage chinos, OCBD, and a few other things.

Im pretty sure the price was the same when I tried buying more vintage chinos and OCBDs online and was disappointed.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, the MIJ ones. I think vintage chinos were $59, but might be wrong, this was a long time ago! Haha. The current cut of the vintage chion are just about perfect for me. Do wish the material was a bit more substantial though, but still they look decent.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, for sure. Uniqlo quality has gone down since they expanded their US operations. But I remember when Uniqlo Jeans were like $80ish right? Prices have come down at least 50%, while maintaining sort of decent quality.

I'd much rather pay a little more for decent quality than filling my closet with disposable "designer" trash. The problem is there is very little middle ground. Either you have fast-fashionesque pricing/quality, or really expensive artisanal ****.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Considering a Uniqlo down coat this year, one of the proper winter ones, not the lightweight down jackets. Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative? I’m not expecting an Eddie Bauer for the price but if they’re reasonably decent it‘s probably worth it for me as it will only be used occasionally.

taduuu

Reaction score
Considering a Uniqlo down coat this year, one of the proper winter ones, not the lightweight down jackets. Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative? I’m not expecting an Eddie Bauer for the price but if they’re reasonably decent it‘s probably worth it for me as it will only be used occasionally.
I have ultra warm down coat from few seasons back and it has served me well in cold finnish winters. Its very very warm and living up the name. Only worry is that zipper feels plastic and low quality so it probably wont hold for centuries but maybe it can be replaced.

Very good and working design with fake fur hood and pockets. Keeps me warm. I have carhartt winter down coat that is not even close as warm. Never tried CG etc. so cant compare

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I have ultra warm down coat from few seasons back and it has served me well in cold finnish winters. Its very very warm and living up the name. Only worry is that zipper feels plastic and low quality so it probably wont hold for centuries but maybe it can be replaced.

Very good and working design with fake fur hood and pockets. Keeps me warm. I have carhartt winter down coat that is not even close as warm. Never tried CG etc. so cant compare
Thanks, appreciate that.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sukurabu