• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vik93

Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of slim 30 jeans. Felt they were a little tight, so I ordered a pair of contemporary 30’s as they’re on sale at a very good price.

There is no difference in the fit. I’ll post pictures shortly.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of slim 30 jeans. Felt they were a little tight, so I ordered a pair of contemporary 30’s as they’re on sale at a very good price.

There is no difference in the fit. I’ll post pictures shortly.
From which batch were they purchased (I.e. product code)? I ask to see if they changed the fit between first ever batch and subsequent batches

classicoutfits

Reaction score
anyone has experience with Pontoglio vs. Redaelli Velluti Corduroy pants? they have few pieces on sales from last seasons. I normally wear flannel, wools for winter and wanted to try something new. What color would you also pick? I have seen people go for unusual colors for corduroy.
appreciate the input!

nycstyled

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the flannel trousers last year in mid-gray, although it looks like that particular shade is actually called medium gray this year while this year's mid-gray is in between that shade and charcoal. Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a second pair in the gray family but I'm not sure which shade would be the next most versatile. Would you recommend going with light gray, mid gray or charcoal? I'll be primarily wearing them with sweaters (white, navy, charcoal) in the winter.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same Neo 3 jacket x post from rrl

IMG_2800.jpeg

blewnote1

Reaction score
anyone has experience with Pontoglio vs. Redaelli Velluti Corduroy pants? they have few pieces on sales from last seasons. I normally wear flannel, wools for winter and wanted to try something new. What color would you also pick? I have seen people go for unusual colors for corduroy.
appreciate the input!

Can't speak to the difference between those mills, but here's Simon's take on colors (among other things).

Brown/tan/green are all quite popular choices, as well as black surprisingly. Navy apparently doesn't come off well in corduroy (according to him).

I have casual pairs in brown and grey and caramel and find them great for casual outfits and easy to pair with all the typical things one might wear on top. Recently picked up some in purple, and some in cream (which I plan to try as a substitue for white flannels which I haven't managed to find yet).

CLH03

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the flannel trousers last year in mid-gray, although it looks like that particular shade is actually called medium gray this year while this year's mid-gray is in between that shade and charcoal. Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a second pair in the gray family but I'm not sure which shade would be the next most versatile. Would you recommend going with light gray, mid gray or charcoal? I'll be primarily wearing them with sweaters (white, navy, charcoal) in the winter.
Taking a left and saying olive. Light grey after that.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Agree. The pockets are a bit much.
The jacket has unusual details. Twin breast pockets. Four in all. Each patch and gusseted. The bottom two are bags. All have
chevron flaps and buttons. Whoa and wow. But you lose all that and whaddya got, just a plain ol'everyday tweed.

This sort of arrangement looks better on the older guy (like me, or on the oldest guy, like me next year). The lot that's going on evens out similar details encroaching the face. So 'Hey, Tweed Face' is not necessarily the epithet it's intended to be. Sometimes.

-D. Crepit posting as Peak and Pine

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jacket has unusual details. Twin breast pockets. Four in all. Each patch and gusseted. The bottom two are bags. All have
chevron flaps and buttons. Whoa and wow. But you lose all that and whaddya got, just a plain ol'everyday tweed.

This sort of arrangement looks better on the older guy (like me, or on the oldest guy, like me next year). The lot that's going on evens out similar details encroaching the face. So 'Hey, Tweed Face' is not necessarily the epithet it's intended to be. Sometimes.

-D. Crepit posting as Peak and Pine
I'm pretty old too. I think I'll wait a bit longer, though.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geborgenliebenswerter