1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

oh snap i was going to order soon, so no go?

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

the legging jeans are pretty unbeatable for $29.90. I bought 2 in every color

2 people like this.
  3. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

This was weeks ago so I don't know what the situation in-store is now but there are legging jeans and skinny fit jeans and the skinny jeans felt and fit much better than the legging jeans.

4. thekunk07

the legging jeans aren't leggings, just jeans with some elastene

5. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yeah I kopped two pair, they must be a mistranslation, they should have just called them easy jeans or something

They are nice and light, will be awesome for summer

6. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

I've been wearing my linen casual shirts on a pretty consistent basis. I sized down and out the dryer they fit a bit too snug in chest but loosen up to the Perfect Fit in about half an hour. again, I'd go with what's closest to your shoulder size to see if you should size down or not. love the dark grey and blue with jeans and tobacco suede wingtips. really wish uniqlo would come out with more plaid patterns or a burgundy.

7. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Linen shirt with brown suede wingtips sounds incongruous—summer up top, autumn below. But props if you can make it look good.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  8. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Depends how you want them to fit. I think I like the looser fit but am not 100% decided.

Large:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Medium:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures don't capture it, but the top block is pretty snug on the mediums for me. You may have different results though.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Just tried on their regular skinnys. Quality has gotten worse. Now 73% Cotton. Fit is supertight in the crotch and thighs and stacking looks terrible as well.

Not justifiable for 49.90
    FWIW Gap skinny has a very similar design and indigo wash for only 30. And they have more cotton.

10. Murmurous

Murmurous Member

How did you size the "leggings"? @thekunk07

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  11. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

TTS if you lift or just have big thighs, can probably size down otherwise or if you want a skinny fit.

1 person likes this.
  12. thekunk07

it's weird but the black fit slimmer than the blue. I went 33 in blue, 34 in black. i'm somewhere in between the 2.

1 person likes this.
  13. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

i find that with a lot of uniqlo stuff, the same pieces can fit differently in different colours.

14. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Well-Known Member

The linen-cotton tees are OK. Shrunk a slight bit after wash. Some colors are also a bit itchy on the skin.

15. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

Last season's premium tees were my go to tshirts, but I too noticed the new ones fit a bit smaller. The new measurements show that too. A bit more than 1/2" shorter in the body, tighter shoulders, shorter sleeves, at least in XS.

16. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Yep. Thinking of sizing up to XL, even though I'm a medium in the button front shirts. Or switching to H&M or something if that doesn't work out.

17. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

I'm pretty bummed about it to be honest, I have like 10 of their premium tees from last year and hope they don't wear out until I can find something better. Was thinking of switching to WvG and getting the membership once I have some more $$$ this summer depending on how their stuff fits

18. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Regarding the supima tees, are the light grey ones see through. I have a couple l/s ones in white and I end up having to wear an undershirt underneath. Was wondering if the light grey color would be better and not show my nipples.

20. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Do the vintage chinos stretch in the waist at all? Just got a pair and 29" is slightly tight but thats the size I wear in all their bottoms.