• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't see much Uniqlo short sleeve shirts

Last edited:

jonrisk

Reaction score
Will probably run them through the sewing machine to stitch the box pleat in but that does't sort the arms :/

I've heard a few people mention stitching down/in the box pleat but I can't quite visualize it. is it vertical stitching down both sides? if so how far down do you go?

Samir

Reaction score
Yep, will post a review when I get it, also bought 50 dollars worth of undershirts and underwear for the free shipping
lol8[1].gif
Took a chance on the slim fit ultra light down since you'd mentioned it. Need to get rid of the static but it fits pretty well in the same size as my oxfords.

Also ordered a slim fit oxford and the slim chinos to try out sizing wise.
- slim chinos fabric seems like it'd be kinda nice for the summer; I like the cut
- slim oxford is still a nice thick material but it seems a lot softer than the regular fit ones I bought back in March '11; those have softened up some with many washes but this fabric feels nicer straight out of the packaging; overall a trimmer and improved cut, my only nitpick is I would've liked two buttons on the cuff - still, overall a really good deal

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a few s/s premium cotton tshirts (small) and a pair of shorts (small). Hope this ends up working out fit wise. The last time I ordered from them (a navy blazer) it didn't work out .

Last edited:

SFTl81

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on what the shrinkage is like on the slim fit OCBDs? I tried on a XS and it's just slightly too tight around the chest. The S is okay in the chest but way too blousey, might be better after a wash/dry...

89andy

Reaction score

Is it fair to say that a Medium slimfit OCBD will fit similar to a Small OCBD?

...then what would be the point of slim fit. Slim fit means keeping the lengths and collar the same (mostly), but slimmed up on the body.

leeba

Reaction score
Slim fit mediums are a bit longer than the normal grosgrani smalls and more spacious in shoulders/chest. They fit me perfectly minus being...well way too long untucked

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
If anyone wants an essentially brand new pink ocbd slim fit in Medium ( i wore it for like 1hr at home and its too tight in the chest for me) PM me. Ill let it go pretty cheap.

derv

Reaction score
Asking myself why they don't have any of the linen shirts in slim fit? I don't think they had any last year either.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asking myself why they don't have any of the linen shirts in slim fit? I don't think they had any last year either.

Because who the **** wants a slim fit linen shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads