• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stafa

Reaction score
How is the sizing on the Airism shirts? Pretty much TTS?
Needed a close fitting undershirt for dress shirts and don't want it to blouse out.

InHocSignio

Reaction score
How is the sizing on the Airism shirts? Pretty much TTS?
Needed a close fitting undershirt for dress shirts and don't want it to blouse out.

I ordered a Large, for what it's worth, and my sizing info is in a previous post. I am looking at myself in the mirror with the undershirt on right now, and I like the comfortable fit -- if I were trying to look really jacked I suppose I could pull a medium, but IMO it'd feel way too uncomfortable as underwear. It's not blousy in the least either; I think there is spandex or elastane or one of those other miracle stretch fibers in it that makes to conform to the body.

The Rural Juror

Reaction score
Wow. Uniqlo ships fast... ordered on Wednesday at noon and it was waiting for me in STL when I got home from work.The slim-fit oxford is awesome. Here is a pic of me in the linen shirt size M (which apparently just went on sale, doh!) and the chinos.

I like the linen shirt. The chinos are painted on (and obviously long), but I'm working pretty hard at losing weight so they'll go in the closet for a few months.

(I'm 6'0", 188 lbs)

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn thats fast. I ordered Wednesday night and my package isn't going to be delivered to California until next Thursday. Looking forward to the oxfords after all the positive reviews on here.

Epik

Reaction score
Wow I thought the medium OCBDs were borderline too small but my brother got some Smalls in and they fit even better on me.

Now I've some thinking to do.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. Uniqlo ships fast... ordered on Wednesday at noon and it was waiting for me in STL when I got home from work.The slim-fit oxford is awesome. Here is a pic of me in the linen shirt size M (which apparently just went on sale, doh!) and the chinos. I like the linen shirt. The chinos are painted on (and obviously long), but I'm working pretty hard at losing weight so they'll go in the closet for a few months. (I'm 6'0", 188 lbs)
i just got the same linen shirt and it arrived today as well. along with 4 slim ocbds :slayer:

Doncolombe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Uniqlo ups their short-sleeve game as summer time rolls around? I am looking for some cheap, decently fitting short sleeve shirts and they are barren right now. Just madras SS's.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought a couple pages back somebody said the linen shirts fit huge. Was that true for you guys? I'm an XS in the oxfords, so I can't really size down.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
^^ Is that the slim fit chino? If so, what size did you go with?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
waist size is pretty accurate, i wear a 32 but uniqlo chart says they measure 34

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the gray skinny jeans in and they like the t000. Fabric doesn't feel any worse than the black t000. The color is a bit lighter than I hoped but I'm keeping them. Also just ordered a sailor long sleeve so I can dress like Parker, and some slim fit chinos.

Epik

Reaction score
Also the $6 dry shirts can't compare to the American Apparel that woot shirts are printed on. As an undershirt maybe, but for those who are looking for Tees to wear alone, I can't think these are worth it. Too thin and shapeless.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

Those $6 Uniqlo package t-shirts is garbage. They are good to use if you going to paint the house.

The American Apparel are too thin and feel cheap.

However the Uniqlo Premium tees are much better than AA.

rabbitman

Reaction score
I like the dry t's. I mean they're not anything special, but for $6 they're decent beaters. I also like my t shirts roomier though

Last edited:

whyme?

Reaction score

apologies for another fit q, but what size might i opt for in these nicely-coloured slim fit oxford shirts? i'm 6'0, 145lbs. i've got a few recent 'regular' oxfords in size M and whilst they're a little bit big everywhere, i'm still pretty hesitant to shift to a S in the slim-fit (even though these will surely be long enough) - i goddamn hate when shirts get pinch across the shoulders - unless i hear otherwise..

thoughts?

edit: i'm overseas so don't have the luxury of trying-on nor exchanging.

thanks for the tip, momentoftruth, but i'm still unsure. for reference, here i am in the regular fit, size medium. having just tried it on now, it's sloppier than i remembered - flaring quite noticeably in places and bunching a little in the upper chest. i'm pretty tall and equally thin, yet it's still too long. (and yes, this is post-hot wash / dry so it's done all the shrinking it's going to.)

as people have mentioned staying TTS with the slim fit, given the fit below in the medium, i'm pretty tempted to opt for small and just stick to cold wash / line dry as i do with most my clothes..

thoughts?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics