• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the tip, momentoftruth, but i'm still unsure. for reference, here i am in the regular fit, size medium. having just tried it on now, it's sloppier than i remembered - flaring quite noticeably in places and bunching a little in the upper chest. i'm pretty tall and equally thin, yet it's still too long. (and yes, this is post-hot wash / dry so it's done all the shrinking it's going to.)

as people have mentioned staying TTS with the slim fit, given the fit below in the medium, i'm pretty tempted to opt for small and just stick to cold wash / line dry as i do with most my clothes..

thoughts?

go down one size at least. maybe even two?

Epik

Reaction score

^^

Those $6 Uniqlo package t-shirts is garbage. They are good to use if you going to paint the house.

The American Apparel are too thin and feel cheap.

However the Uniqlo Premium tees are much better than AA.

Hmm, if there's that big of a difference between the dry and the premium, I'll give the premiums a shot.

Epik

Reaction score
Light gray vs. beige if I'm only getting one pair of slim fit chinos?

theclipper

Reaction score

i thought a couple pages back somebody said the linen shirts fit huge. Was that true for you guys? I'm an XS in the oxfords, so I can't really size down.

Curious about the linen shirt sizing as well, thinking of picking one up.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
I copped the beige a few hours ago, another pair of pants, and some M slim fit oxfords. Hope errthing fits well. They restocked a Taz wool in grey size 33 for $20.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By all reports they're huge. Are any of the current season blazers worth picking up?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the guys who are asking about Tasmanian wool trousers for work, these S/S pair in cotton/polyester blend fit well and feel nice for the warmer weather.

FWIW I tried basically all the available pants online and these fit the best in terms of cut and feel.

MEN DRY FLAT FRONT PANTS (56/44 material blend)
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-dry-flat-front-pants/075118-31-036

Off-white looks nice, will pick up the beige and dark gray as well.

MEN DRY PERFECT SHAPE FLAT FRONT PANTS
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-dry-perfect-shape-flat-front-pants/075456-32-038

This similar pair fits a bit slimmer by measurements and in person, and for some reason the blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex (54/43/3) makes the feel of the pants a bit more stiff and wrinkles a bit more. The thighs are definitely slimmer as you compare measurements, but not by much. I can fit into both pants well, size 32, but I just like the overall roomier cut and feel of the flat front pants over the perfect shape flat front.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

still got a regular fit large pink oxford for 15 shipped if anyone wants it, worn once

How much with UK shipping? The provenance might make it worth the price...

Youngj

Reaction score
UK need slim fit's badly
I've got an average chest. I'm medium everywhere, never small

Both broadclothes and OCBD's in medium fit are fairly baggy. Small's fit pretty well all over apart from the chest which pulls are the buttons if I move my arms back.

Will probably run them through the sewing machine to stitch the box pleat in but that does't sort the arms :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads