• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been having to ease my way out of the thrift game - work is picking up, and we just moved to a newer, smaller apartment which means I no longer have a closet dedicated to thrifting adventures. Anyhoo, trying to cut down my closet. The first batch of stuff I'm taking to Buffalo Exchange unless someone here wants the stuff, the second batch is going on eBay or grailed, but as always I would prefer to deal with known thrift thread contributors than that nonsense, so let me know if anything looks good. Can supply more photos or measurements as you need them.

If you want more than one thing, we can make deals folks.

Lot 1
Wolverine 1000k boots. Got these from the STP dump a while back. Had toe taps installed. Uppers are beat up but no issues. Soles are starting to get a bit soft so a resole will be on the cards eventually. Would keep if I had the space but I've got way too many pairs of brown boots. Asking for $45 shipped in the US. Size 8.5

Army sweater - suede elbow and shoulder patches. 36/38" chest. Suede shows some wear particularly on the elbows. $25 shipped

Green army sweater - elbow and shoulder patches. Good shape, EU48/US38 chest. $25 shipped

Handknit Aran sweater - untagged but probably good for a medium or large. $30 shipped

Cadet NYC CPO shirt - brown wool. Size small. $40 shipped.

Lot 2
APC Petit New Standard - size 29. Lightly worn, very little dye loss, still pretty stiff. $75 shipped

Epaulet Brown linen Walt trousers, size 31. Asking $50 shipped

Bad ass Pendleton. Red herringbone. More of an orangey red than fire engine color. Buttondown collar. Small. Asking $50 shipped.

Left Field NYC Jeans - 31. Had these hemmed and wore them twice. Asking $75 shipped.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All available - PM for measurements/offers

ABSOLUTELY MINT Canali suit, flat front dual vents 40R

various ties, the three without labels are Ralph Lauren Purple label (the navy white stripe is particularly nice)
bb braces

Alexander Wang vest M (fits large)

LVC sunset popover XL

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some beater shoes - listed on eBay but offered here on the cheap - PM if interested:

Allen Edmonds Key Largo leather boat deck dock shoes US 10 B narrow. $35 shipped to the ConUS. Pics/details from eBay.

Allen Edmonds Saratoga burgundy moc toe tassel loafers US size 10 D medium. $35 shipped to the ConUS. Pics/details from eBay.

Bally brown leather tassel kiltie loafers US size 9.5 / EU 8.5 made in Italy. $25 shipped to the ConUS. Pics/details from eBay.

Last edited:

masaccio

Reaction score
Long shot, but does anybody have a black or charcoal suit for a seven year old?

We have to attend a burial service on Saturday, and if I can I'd like to have my son where a suit.

He's relatively average height/build, about 4'3" tall and 60 lbs.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
UGH. THE PILE!

MINT Steven Alan reverse-o-whatever seam shirt, size Large.

Spare me months on B&S and just trade me something or send me some fair dollars.

Polo belt tagged 34. NOT ALLIGATOR, apparently. :foo:

Trade me something or grab it for cost, which would be like, $23 shipped, depressingly enough.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Being all of the outdoor gear I've been seeing lately someone might be able to help.

In need of a new sleeping bag. I'm still rocking the one from the Boy Scout days and its not going to cut a multi day white water rafting trip that I've got mid-October. Don't care vintage or new, would prefer a recognizable name (maybe marmot, mountain hardwear, NF, etc - typically I'm not as concerned with brands but I've had negative experience with no name outdoor gear, never stands up to the wear). Something easily packable is a huge plus.

Thanks!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Being all of the outdoor gear I've been seeing lately someone might be able to help.

In need of a new sleeping bag. I'm still rocking the one from the Boy Scout days and its not going to cut a multi day white water rafting trip that I've got mid-October. Don't care vintage or new, would prefer a recognizable name (maybe marmot, mountain hardwear, NF, etc - typically I'm not as concerned with brands but I've had negative experience with no name outdoor gear, never stands up to the wear). Something easily packable is a huge plus.

Thanks!
Go to a military surplus store and buy a modular sleep system. It has a gortex bivy and it's remarkably waterproof. There's 2 inserts, black for warmth and green for warmer days, or stack for impossible warmth. I've used it in 0 degrees and snow, torrential downpours in an open drop zone, and summer months in the field. I doubt you'll find a more complete package for under $100.

It also is easily packed as it comes with a special bag that has straps for further compacting it.

noob15

Reaction score
Go to a military surplus store and buy a modular sleep system. It has a gortex bivy and it's remarkably waterproof. There's 2 inserts, black for warmth and green for warmer days, or stack for impossible warmth. I've used it in 0 degrees and snow, torrential downpours in an open drop zone, and summer months in the field. I doubt you'll find a more complete package for under $100.

It also is easily packed as it comes with a special bag that has straps for further compacting it.
Second that!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tradvocate

Reaction score
This may be a case for the Ragged Trouser Philanthropist. @Cleav ? I have a young friend who just got his first business job but has no business wardrobe whatsoever aside from a cheap wool and polyester mix suit he purchased for the interview (they still hired him). I am trying to help him find the very basics (a charcoal or navy suit, a navy blazer, a few white and powder blue dress shirts, a pair of medium grey wool trousers, maybe a pair of tan wool or cotton trousers) for as cheap as possible. Here are his sizes. Please PM. He doesn't need anything elaborate.

Jacket 42S (I measured his current suit that had been tailored)
Shoulders 19.5
Pit to Pit 22
Sleeves 24
Waist 24
BOC 30/31

Pants 38/27 (inseam can always be shortened)

Dress shirt 16 32/33

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads