• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a fantastic solid charcoal suit by Zegna in 50C/40S, looking to trade for a similar staple suit of comparable quality in 40R....shoot me some PMs.

Niceguy

Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for a few starter shoes and thought this would be a good place to post. If not, I apologize! In any event, here goes!

AE McAllister 9 D in burgundy/merlot
AE Kenilworth 8.5 D in brown
AE Strand 9 D in bourbon
AE Neumok 9 D in navy (I shouldn't, but I can't help it!)

Please feel free to PM anytime, thank you all!

Oshuns919

Reaction score
Plaid Gitman Brothers Size L Vintage $40 plus shipping

Zegna 16.5/36 $45 plus shipping

6up

Reaction score
Any NY JETS fans in the house...

Sized LARGE but fits more like a MEDIUM. Open for trades.

Also got this promo swag shirt..

CERVELO simply . fast tshirt. NWOT, made by Gildan softstyle, sz MEDIUM.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also for jets fans, I've got some paper bags with eye holes avail. Nootch.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's put this in the right section:

http://stores.ebay.com/Wardrobe-Renovations

Forgot the store link as some pointed out.

I also have a few personal pieces I'm looking to part with. Mostly winter/fall stuff in a Medium/Slim Medium size. Things like a Sawyer of Napa shearling jacket, a Paul Stuart japanese trench, that Hickey Freeman blazer with the pinup girls all over it, and some other things suited for winter. If there's any interest in those just throw me a PM and I'll get some pictures and measurements to y'all after work today.

So if you're a thrift threader I posted about being a pretty tough spot. I'm selling off some of my own stuff.

Time is pretty crucial (like tonight crucial) and so I'm willing to let things go for rather cheap. Just make me an offer via PMs and I'll likely accept.

Measurements and more pictures upon request. Most are a 40R/Medium or Slim Medium sizing. Everything in good condition unless noted.

Also check my ebay store. Willing to deal on almost anything in there. http://stores.ebay.com/Wardrobe-Renovations

Woolrich goose down jacket small tear in front Medium

Sawyer of Napa shearling 40/Medium

Orvis goose down fishing jacket (hood included) Medium

LL Bean shearling leather XXL Tall

BRAND NEW Paul Stuart japanese belted trench coat (fits like a slim medium). Bought, opened, but never worn.

Woolrich jacket XL

Sentimental piece. Hermes orange jacket. My first thrift find that was at all desirable. It actually needs repairs. It's a womens item.

Dunhill Goretex trench coat sz 44"

Basically trying to make $400 before tomorrow pops up and a total of $1000 before the Wednesday. Please throw me a PM if anything strikes your fancy.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Looking for some chunky shoes. Brogues, PTBs, camp mocs, etc.; stuff like Grenson and Trickers do, shoes that would look good with EG and similar workwear-influenced stuff. 11.5 US, E width preferable but D can work depending on the maker.

Thanks!

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an overcoat in size bloody small (34-36). Double breasted, half belts preferred. If such a thing exists, please PM me :)

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for an overcoat in size bloody small (34-36). Double breasted, half belts preferred. If such a thing exists, please PM me :)

There's a vintage PRL full-length chesterfield in a super small size on ebay right now, and for a pittance, I may add. I'm not the seller, by the way.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Here's what I've picked up recently and is available if anyone is interested:

1. Hart Schaffner Marx Herringbone Overcoat 42R
2. Nino Cerruti Rue Royale 6 Button Blazer 40R
3. Christian Dior Monsieur Tan Tweed Sport Coat 44R
4. Canali Made In Italy 100% Pure Wool 50R EU (40R US)
5. Canali Milano 4 Button Sport Coat Brown/Gray 48R EU (38 US)
6. Loro Piana & Brooks Brothers Pure Cashmere Blazer 48R EU (38R US)
7. Allen Edmonds Harrison Black 10.5 EE
8. Lauren Ralph Lauren Navy Blue Blazer 44R
9. Allen Edmonds Cameron Light Brown 11.5 AA

Will send pics upon request.

Last edited:

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't find it at present. I do remember it was listed with a markedly vague auction title (Ralph Lauren coat, or something close). It was $150, I think? A great value. I just recently purchased a vintage PRL chesterfield NOS and I can vouch for the quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads