• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camillo

Reaction score
Took them outdoor today:
IMG_20180610_114751.jpg IMG_20180610_115116.jpg

That's a much more comfortable last for my feet than the F last in G fit. They're in UK10 and I think even oxfords wouldn't look chunky.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, it's been a long time. My apologies for posting this here. I'm not wearing dress shoes anymore and I will be selling most my large Vass collection here in "buy & sell" and in Ebay including some excellent condition and beautiful Vass Shell Cordovan.

Cheers
Ivan

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Took them outdoor today:
View attachment 988004 View attachment 988005

That's a much more comfortable last for my feet than the F last in G fit. They're in UK10 and I think even oxfords wouldn't look chunky.
My finding, exactly. They could be a hair longer or more svelte, but if you're even a little careful with design, the P2 can be very classic. In Oxfords, I have plain-toe patent, and oxblood "Beaulieu" austerity. In Derby, I have Norweger (Scotch grain/commando) and Budapester (shell). And I also have a pair of oxblood loafers. Those last are very comfy, even when walking around the city-- the only thing I am less than crazy about is that they are harder to put on without a shoehorn than Alden or C&J Harvard.

Camillo

Reaction score
My finding, exactly. They could be a hair longer or more svelte, but if you're even a little careful with design, the P2 can be very classic. In Oxfords, I have plain-toe patent, and oxblood "Beaulieu" austerity. In Derby, I have Norweger (Scotch grain/commando) and Budapester (shell). And I also have a pair of oxblood loafers. Those last are very comfy, even when walking around the city-- the only thing I am less than crazy about is that they are harder to put on without a shoehorn than Alden or C&J Harvard.
Do you have any photos maybe or could you make some please?

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Newest Acquisition: Austere VCap Old English Oxfords with Seamless Heel on the F Last, Whiskey Shell. (Please excuse the different shades under different lighting conditions)

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

And now the seamless heel to show off the beautiful whiskey Shell

IMG_3064.JPG

Breaking them in...

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

And Finally, Maiden Voyage

IMG_3112.JPG

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest Acquisition: Austere VCap Old English Oxfords with Seamless Heel on the F Last, Whiskey Shell. (Please excuse the different shades under different lighting conditions)

View attachment 989518
View attachment 989524

And now the seamless heel to show off the beautiful whiskey Shell

View attachment 989522

Breaking them in...

View attachment 989526
View attachment 989527

And Finally, Maiden Voyage

View attachment 989528

Quite a score, you’re gonna look like a pimp every time you wear them...pimp, in a good way that is. :-D

Last edited:

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Quite a score, you’re gonna look like a pimp every time you wear them...pimp, in a good way that is. :-D

Believe it or not, this actually became an issue. Went on a rare date with my wife, and 5 different ladies complimented these shoes (in front of my wife). Naturally, I now have to explain myself to her every time I put these on :)

@wristandfeet that seamless heel is a really nice touch.

Yes indeed. One of my favorite features of this pair. Thank you,

Webbo

Reaction score
My beautiful 3 year old Vass cordovan Alt Wiens have a crack in the shell in one shoe. Very lightly worn and always kept in trees and not allowed to dry out. Any tips to remedy this or will I just have to live with it and hope it doesn’t get worse?

C95F824C-D8FA-4004-BAF6-4363EBA21E30.jpeg

DD0061B9-B160-446E-B0B9-042FF5B71D33.jpeg

742F0658-547B-4C42-88A3-6460D138D8E3.jpeg

F1ABACFD-E09E-4C4F-86E1-26DB6E962B26.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer. I had a pair of Allen Edmonds that had the exact same problem after 6 months, and the company replaced it. Not sure if that is realistic or viable with Vass.

Maybe try to at least keep it moisturized so it doesn’t spread?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beautiful 3 year old Vass cordovan Alt Wiens have a crack in the shell in one shoe. Very lightly worn and always kept in trees and not allowed to dry out. Any tips to remedy this or will I just have to live with it and hope it doesn’t get worse?

View attachment 995727

View attachment 995728

View attachment 995729

View attachment 995730

Ouch! That there sucks in a big way; they appear to have gotten very dry. I’d opt for a serious conditioning product, like Lexol, for something this severe.

Webbo

Reaction score
I think you are right guys and they have got dry I just don’t understand why? I have brushed them regularly and condition every 6 months or so with Venetian cream or crema alpina. Just when you think you are getting the hang of shell and have covered all the bases it bites you ***********.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you are right guys and they have got dry I just don’t understand why? I have brushed them regularly and condition every 6 months or so with Venetian cream or crema alpina. Just when you think you are getting the hang of shell and have covered all the bases it bites you ***********.
did those ever get wet or in snow with salt?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417