• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrblack13

Reaction score
Can somebody help me to identify my Ray-Ban sunglasses?

They are gold with black. On the top of the frame is an inscription that says B&L Ray-Ban U.S.A. AA7976.

The lenses have no markings.

The lens diameter is 66 mm.

It has a black case.

I think I bought them in the 1980's, and they were quite expensive at the time.
Hi are these for sale

Mrblack13

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for the invite. I stumbled across what I think are an old pair of B&L vintage Ray Ban shooting glasses with a tin case. I’ll include some pictures and if anyone can elaborate on what these are and how much they’re worth. I haven’t even tried cleaning them yet sorry for the dust lol. Thanks
Eric

View attachment 1146313

View attachment 1146314

View attachment 1146315

View attachment 1146316

View attachment 1146317

View attachment 1146318

View attachment 1146319

View attachment 1146320
Hi are these for sale?

Mrblack13

Reaction score

Mrblack13

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if you still post on here or privately contact the people that are seeking information, but I might as well post what I have and hope for the best. So I found this pair of aviators in the case at a big thrift store believe it or not, it was among the other junk, hats, glasses, shoes, etc.. and when I picked these up inside the case I kind of thought... nah, really? So after I opened it obviously I realized I should probably grab these up with the rest of the crap I had in tow and scoot out the store. Needless to say I hadn't quite seen before a pair such as these and figured that this had to be the real thing. I do believe these are 100% genuine and have tried to do what research/confirmation online I could, but only to some avail.

I know that these are classic aviators and are possibly unique because of the cable ends on them and that they could be military aviators, but possibly not? because they have the green-type of lenses and not yellow or black. They also have the B&L on the inside of the pinkish orangeish color (or whatever color/material it is) of the nose rests. They have the RAY-BAN markings on the top of the bridge, but they only say RAY-BAN and not RAY BAN USA that people keep mentioning. Underneath they do have the B&L 1/10 12K GF inscription. So obviously what im wondering, to anyone out there,..Why does this pair have cable ends instead of the typical ends that I see on most vintage pairs for sale online? Did some people just order them that way as an upgrade of sorts? Also, of course, why does this pair say RAY-BAN and not the RAY BAN USA and what year did that change? I have seen on some 1950s (early 1950s?) pairs that DO only say RAY-BAN, so that leads me to believe they are 1937-1950s(latest). Any honest and helpful answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 1070793 View attachment 1070794

View attachment 1070795
Are these for sale

Mrblack13

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question about a pair of ray ban aviator. Some weeks ago I bought a pair of 70's aviator RB-3 lenses NOS. They were in their original cellophane envelope still to be opened, with inside the lite brown case and paper. They are engraved BL Ray Ban USA on the browbar and the lenses are etched with BL (in 4 parts) at 12. None engraving underneath and this looked quite strange for me. Somebody told me this means that the frame colour (gold plated?) is more thinner and easy to be scratched than those with browbar engraved underneath with the glasses size.
What is your opinion?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
F.

View attachment 1028305

View attachment 1028306
Are these for sale

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads