• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I must say they more than compete, I like them a lot! Can you give a few more details please? The sole and the actual name of the colour? Perhaps a couple more pics? Also are they comfortable and light? I'm thinking to get an unlined suede Alden PTfor the summer but I could be swayed the Vass way (again!).

Not much more to give...it is red brown on a single leather sole. Very comfortable and casual on New Peter, but it won't be as light as an unlined Alden on a flex sole. Mid brown will be closest to some shades of snuff.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Shouldaville: great job! Can you please give more details of your routine?

Thanks Tukker. Nothing elaborate...soak with a suede cleaner when dirty, use a rubber suede brush when dry and touch up edges. I've been using Burgol neutral suede care lately and it has worked well. Nano protector once a year keeps any major stains off, and makes cleaning easier.

MonkeyManMatt

Reaction score
Tack Rolle! Also the comfort was amazing from the first day of wear. Tried som Ugolini-lasts as well, but they were a tad narrow before the toe area.

andrel42

Reaction score
Thanks Tukker. Nothing elaborate...soak with a suede cleaner when dirty, use a rubber suede brush when dry and touch up edges. I've been using Burgol neutral suede care lately and it has worked well. Nano protector once a year keeps any major stains off, and makes cleaning easier.

Thanks for the tip; I need to Nano these babies (maiden wear today; seems Spring is finally here!)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TtownMD Yes I do remember seeing some pics (can you re-post perhaps?) Just saw these on IG this morning and as a musician (hobbyist) I know the expression "to have GAS" as in "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" however can we also use the expression to have "S A S" as in "Shoe Acquisition Syndrome" ??
1f602.png
1f607.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
I'm very familiar with that being a musician as well. that is a great term for us shoe guys!
It's been a while since I've been able to contribute to this thread, but Mr Kuti just sent over the images. Can't wait to try them on :)
Those are great! Please post the details !

Incitatus

Reaction score
A couple of new pics on these.

These will quickly become my favorite pair of Vass shoes. The U last remains my favorite last of any high end shoe I've seen and the quality is just outstanding. The color on these is fantastic I love how subtle the antiquing is. I will definitely be ordering the other museum colors.

Fit is great out of the box. I went 0,5 size smaller than previous orders and that was the right decision, I hope they don't stretch out too much.

Dealing with Rezso was a pleasure as always. Service from Vass is really outstanding.

The value Vass represents in my opinion is still top of the line. At the price point they are well ahead of the competition both aesthetically and quality wise. The only shoes that I have seen that rival Vass to me are Yohei Fukuda, but then we are talking a completely different price range.

Some deets

- U last
- Museum brown
- Old English II
- 3/4 goyser welt
- High shine polish

Diabolical

Reaction score
A couple of new pics on these.

These will quickly become my favorite pair of Vass shoes. The U last remains my favorite last of any high end shoe I've seen and the quality is just outstanding. The color on these is fantastic I love how subtle the antiquing is. I will definitely be ordering the other museum colors.

Fit is great out of the box. I went 0,5 size smaller than previous orders and that was the right decision, I hope they don't stretch out too much.

Dealing with Rezso was a pleasure as always. Service from Vass is really outstanding.

The value Vass represents in my opinion is still top of the line. At the price point they are well ahead of the competition both aesthetically and quality wise. The only shoes that I have seen that rival Vass to me are Yohei Fukuda, but then we are talking a completely different price range.

Some deets

- U last
- Museum brown
- Old English II
- 3/4 goyser welt
- High shine polish
They look great! I agree, dealing with Rezso is real smooth.

Out of curiosity, what is your usual size? I have a pair on the F last in a 42F, and I recently ordered a pair of boots on the U last in a 42G. The 42F fits snug but not uncomfortably so. I hope going up a width was the right decision.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, while I agree that Vass does deliver a good quality product for its price, comparing Fukuda san's work to Vass is ridiculous.
They are as far apart in quality as the sun and the moon. Very very very far apart. The gulf is that wide. I could probably say the same for Vass against many other Japanese bespoke makers as well.

Last edited:

ecwy

Reaction score
With all due respect, while I agree that Vass does deliver a good quality product for its price, comparing Fukuda san's work to Vass is ridiculous.
They are as far apart in quality as the sun and the moon. Very very very far apart. The gulf is that wide. I could probably say the same for Vass against many other Japanese bespoke makers as well.
Agreed.. the details are not even close not to mention QC .

Incitatus

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not sure where in my post I am equating Vass with Fukuda. These are very different products merely by the fact that Yohei Fukuda offers a fully bespoke process. I am merely stating that for me Yohei Fukuda is currently the only maker that I would consider as an alternative to Vass, well knowing that the price is close to 10 fold, ergo the value must be equally greater.

Although I'm not sure that quality as defined only as strength of construction and quality of the upper hide is quite that night and day.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could see how one might take Vass rivaling Fukuda as Vass being of similar quality to Fukuda.

The follow up definitely clarifies, though it will likely read as hedging a bit, given the last bit.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If, to you, quality is defined only as strength of construction and quality of hide..... I think you should probably read more about shoes, and shoe making, to understand more about what goes into a pair of shoes.
The shoemaking thread on SF is a great place to start, and contains a lot of knowledge that one might find interesting and useful.
There are other makers in the price proximity of Vass that are of (very) comparable "quality".
But anyway, I'll drop this as I don't want to detract further from the thread topic. And neither is this meant to be antagonistic.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member