• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New kicks came in yesterday, and they are amazing. The suede pair is especially striking. I see no quality problems whatsoever, apart from the tongue design which does not bother me.

The only minor, minor issue is... this is not my order.

Archibald customer service already responded, they will track the intended owner of these beauties and organize the exchange. Chances are, these were ordered by someone on this board. If so, enjoy the picture for now :)

View attachment 1427921
Woo hoo! Mustard suede with gum sole! If I remember correctly, Orlando posted stats on orders and only two of this ‘founder’s batch’ were in this configuration. One is mine - I posted pics earlier - so I hope the real owner of the second pair posts his thoughts.

or....if that’s the right size for you,mebbe just keep it for yourself? :devil:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you read his message he wrote "I also got black on black and kangaroo. I haven't seen a pic of the former so here you go"

So that's why I commented that they were the black roos.(that's what he wrote)

I don't know if you're being sarcastic when you say that I'm the most informed since of course I'm not , I'm not going to argue and debate , like I said I just hope that you guys learn from the experience and wish you nothing but good luck with the 2nd batch , that's all I said , but looks like you didn't like my comment if you look at my pic and the pics of the other White roos you'll see that they're not even close in creases but I will leave it like that , don't have time or desire to start arguing about leathers , creasing etc, heel stiffeners etc etc, I understand that due to the situation the world's living things happened with QC,but trying to minimize it is another thing , remember that some here know a bit just a bit about leathers , lasts etc, not an expert at all but a little bit of knowledge ,maybe.

Good luck on the 2nd run those are my wishes for real.

Thanks.
Oh no, no sarcasm at all. I meant you all. As in the community and included you.
I don't think I am in any position to be sarcastic.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops thought I had attached.

As you can see, the toe is good. Outside upper as the slight indent but nothing to write home about. The tongue problem is still visible, but not terribly so. However, the inside upper does have a bit of wrinkling.

As I mentioned above, this is definitely for people who like textured leather. I am one of them. These are going to naturally patina and antique nicely with wear. If you had luxury Stan Smiths in mind, you'll be disappointed.

View attachment 1427938 View attachment 1427939 View attachment 1427940

These look phenomenal. So good.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My grey Roos on foot today. I love this leather, @ArchibaldRoh hopefully you won't let a few folks that are confused about Kangaroo leathers characteristics, dissuade you from offering even more options in this fantastic leather.

My comments on the sneakers, unlike those unlucky few who seem to be so unhappy with them, I love them they are fantastic looking and super comfortable. At work today I've gotten a few folks stopping and staying at a respectable distance, but pointing at them and giving me the thumbs up today. These things are gorgeous, I'm very happy I ordered another four pair; offer more roo options and I'll order more.
504D2CB6-EB9E-4638-BFA6-9BAE2FC6886C.jpeg

19D6C8BB-E571-416A-A58B-4EFA3EF96918.jpeg

7D4C6C59-98B1-4EE6-A212-C7FF38C12541.jpeg

Last edited:

Staxxx1

Reaction score

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Mustard suede with gum sole! If I remember correctly, Orlando posted stats on orders and only two of this ‘founder’s batch’ were in this configuration. One is mine - I posted pics earlier - so I hope the real owner of the second pair posts his thoughts.

or....if that’s the right size for you,mebbe just keep it for yourself? :devil:

The dark power of corruption of mustard suede is very strong indeed.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the logo looks great on it! Nice!!
I wasn't sure if I was going to like whatever they did, but it looks like a laser burn in or something, it's quite cool.

flx

Reaction score
Wow just over the 40 line and the 42 was too snug? Do you have wide feet or something?
I ask btc my larger foot was halfway bc 41 and 42 and I ordered a 42
You guys are really scaring me since I had ordered a 43 (usually a 9.5 in dress shoes and I barely touched the 43 line on the size tool). I even have them laying around in the next room right now but can't try them on because of some foot injury. I really really hope that they'll fit.

flx

Reaction score
100% blue suede. Those are the absolute best.

For me the mustard suede are so surprisingly sexy. I really wouldn't have expected that but seeing them on here really makes me want them so bad.

Just look at those sexy bad boys ?

Just got home to my SF-01s (an anticato green w gum sole, a a mustard suede with a white sole) and long story short, they are damn good sneakers, with a couple of gripes.

I'll start with the things I like.
They are super comfortable right out of the box. I wear a 39 in CP Achilles and got the same size and they fit perfectly. CPs are noticeably narrower, and took quite a few wears to break in, so the added flexibility, width and cushioning was extremely welcome.
The leather and suede is incredibly soft and buttery. It's a different class from the other leather sneakers in the market for sure.

I do have a few gripes however, the most major of which is the laces on the anticato green pair. They are a few shades too bright a green, and really takes away from the tonal look of the sneakers. It is a serious enough flaw for me to defer wearing them till I find a pair of laces in the right shade of dark olive, and preferably waxed as well.
Other gripes have been mentioned by other users here - the anticato could be more anticato-ed, and the Archibald dimple at the base of the tongue, but they are minor and I am more than happy to overlook them for the incredible quality and value.

The winner of the two I purchased is surprisingly the mustard suede pair. I absolutely love them!
View attachment 1425031

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are really scaring me since I had ordered a 43 (usually a 9.5 in dress shoes and I barely touched the 43 line on the size tool). I even have them laying around in the next room right now but can't try them on because of some foot injury. I really really hope that they'll fit.
I think you will be fine to be honest. As long as the dress shoe size was a UK

OlafG

Reaction score
Got mine today and they are definitely too small (width). I used the sizing tool and followed advice by Archibald.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads