• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeSacre

Reaction score
I mean I guess if you don't want to hear each individual note sing and like a clumsy neck (so basically a boring chord player) Martin would be the guitar for you....

No I'm just kidding it's completely personal taste between the two :) Most Taylors are actually too bright for me but mine has mahogany sides and a cedar top so it has a nice warm sound while having the action and neck of a Taylor.

Breedloves are great guitars and was started by Larry Breedlove while he was working for Taylor. I was looking at a few of their models before I got my Taylor.

Now a McPherson guitar, there's a dream guitar.

Last edited:

codhead

Reaction score
One for you cyclistas, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Found what appears to be a 1976 vintage Gitane Campagnolo Team jersey today. The reason I believe it is not a modern retro is the material, it's woven in a 70% acrylic / 30% wool fabric manufactured by Rhone-Poulenc Textiles, trade name "Crylor". I'll be honest, I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike but there was just something about this thing that said "buy me". Inside there's another large tag with the French flag embroidered with the word "Stucki's" in gold script. There are three pockets at the lower back

I think it may be a fan's or supporter's jersey, simply because I can't imagine anyone wanting to ride in any heat, wearing such an uncomfortable fabric.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
IMPORTANT (if you sell on ebay internationally)
If you had opted into the global shipping program before, but do not use it. Go check a few of your listings. I just found out ALL of my listings had been "upgraded" to use the Global Shipping Program which I do not want to use. I have since opted out and was told it will remove it from all 300+ listings I have currently, but just a warning.

I am not sure if I "accepted" something by accident but it went back and changed ALL my old listings that I know for a fact did now use the 'GSP'. They also do not use that term any more instead there is a new box that says "Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you." aka the Global Shipping Program

If you want to comment about this, please do so in the Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions where I have also cross posted this.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One for you cyclistas, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Found what appears to be a 1976 vintage Gitane Campagnolo Team jersey today. The reason I believe it is not a modern retro is the material, it's woven in a 70% acrylic / 30% wool fabric manufactured by Rhone-Poulenc Textiles, trade name "Crylor". I'll be honest, I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike but there was just something about this thing that said "buy me". Inside there's another large tag with the French flag embroidered with the word "Stucki's" in gold script. There are three pockets at the lower back

I think it may be a fan's or supporter's jersey, simply because I can't imagine anyone wanting to ride in any heat, wearing such an uncomfortable fabric.

Actually, pro cyclists once wore wool jerseys, just as baseball players once wore flannel and, later, heavy polyester. I'll be interested to see it.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the holy land of Wisconsin in search for some shoes. I hit about 7 stores all within an hour of the AE factory. Some stores knew what they had. I wasn't about to pay $30 for size 14 A Manchesters. I think I did alright though. Everything is available unless noted.

You guys ever find shoes with mold on them? These had to have been sitting in someone's basement for decades. Hardly worn really. Spoilered because it's actually disgusting.

They cleaned up alright though. Saphir never ceases to amaze me. The basement patina looks surprisingly great. They're J&M Aristocrafts. Size 9.5 C/A

AE Auburn 8 EE

AE Wingham 8 D

AE Grayson 9 C

AE Dickson 12 C These are late 60's or early 70's (thanks Wes). I think they look much better than the more recent version.

AE Cameron N/A

AE Walden 11.5 D

My first shells! J&M Aristocraft 9.5 C/A

AE Cody N/A

Some shirts as well:

Takumi Japan M I had never heard of this brand before but it was darted and had some other cool details so I googled it in the store. Found one website that had one of their shirts retail for $220 so I picked it up. It fits me but I don't know if I can pull it off. Anyone know anything about this brand?

You guys post your Jazz records finds sometimes. I like my vinyl modern, limited edition, blue, and with a free t-shirt. I'm thinking next year they'll do some sort of 10th anniversary for it and this will be worth a lot more. Already go between $60-80 on the bay.

Sorry for such a long post!

I have a friend who is a luthier--repairs exclusively--and it seems as if fixing guitars is never as simple as it might seem. Then again, he's a perfectionist who deals mainly with Martin and Strat PRS level stuff.
FTFY
mwink[1].gif

Gorgeous tie. Does that make the dimple a camel toe?
shog[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many shouts out owed over the last few weeks. Wes, Hooker, Nell, Org, Cesar, Oshuns -- great trades, or hookups. Thanks guys. This fit features an awesome extra from :wow: 'Cooney. BigDaddySpoo, you'd best not click the spoiler here; I feel like you just started talking to me again after the stripe-tease incident. I'm well aware this is not approved. But it's freaking hot near NYC. And this just seemed summery.
J Press linen in canary yellow. Cucinelli linen in sky blue. One of you brosephs sold this to me and I can't thank you enough; it rocks Vineyard vines Dunnothebelt Thesocksmymommagaveme AEs

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many shouts out owed over the last few weeks. Wes, Hooker, Nell, Org, Cesar, Oshuns -- great trades, or hookups. Thanks guys.

Cucinelli linen in sky blue. One of you brosephs sold this to me and I can't thank you enough; it rocks

:slayer:

You are rocking that Cucinelli - such an awesome shirt glad to see it worked out for you!

Friskydingo

Reaction score

You guys ever find shoes with mold on them?

As far as mold on shoes, when I was living in Panama my shoes would start growing mold if I didn't wear them on a frequent basis. Suede was especially liable to start growing cultures. I never wore them in the rain without giving them a through wipe down (suede never in the rain) but I think the humidity was enough to do it.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just doesn't look right, but I thought I'd ask anyways. Didn't buy, but can be there first thing in the AM if I'm wrong about it being a fake:

This just looks bad, those wheels?

Here the logo isn't centered.

Then there's this Versace:
Designata in italia?

again with the logo off center

But a fake with a store tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads