• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just doesn't look right, but I thought I'd ask anyways. Didn't buy, but can be there first thing in the AM if I'm wrong about it being a fake:

This just looks bad, those wheels?

Here the logo isn't centered.

Then there's this Versace:
Designata in italia?

again with the logo off center

But a fake with a store tag?

Hermes is fake. The Versace is real but pretty old.

aglose

Reaction score

Hermes is fake. The Versace is real but pretty old.

If you go back for the Versace would you check the hermes for the loop under the folds under the front of the tie. I'm sure there's a technical name for that but that's the best I've got.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
IMPORTANT (if you sell on ebay internationally)
If you had opted into the global shipping program before, but do not use it. Go check a few of your listings. I just found out ALL of my listings had been "upgraded" to use the Global Shipping Program which I do not want to use. I have since opted out and was told it will remove it from all 300+ listings I have currently, but just a warning.

I am not sure if I "accepted" something by accident but it went back and changed ALL my old listings that I know for a fact did now use the 'GSP'. They also do not use that term any more instead there is a new box that says "Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you." aka the Global Shipping Program

If you want to comment about this, please do so in the Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions where I have also cross posted this.

This should be moved to the Buying and Selling on Ebay thread, Just saying...
devil.gif
Love you BP.
Edit: Also, TY for the responses as to going through a retailer of some sort. I'm not worried about them thinking I stole them as I have a receipt, and well... I didn't steal them. I'm going to try, no guts no glory (with a small local chain and an individual store). Also, I think since these are new im looking at more than a $50 avg (were you checking all completed listings and not just new?), but even if I am its well worth it, because as someone pointed out I only have like 6 different models so can photograph pics of each and only end up making 6 listings, which as most of us know is a breeze.

Regardless, peep game:
A model im particularly fond of

The rest of them:

This is all you get until i'm back from work tomorrow.
Fin.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go back for the Versace would you check the hermes for the loop under the folds under the front of the tie. I'm sure there's a technical name for that but that's the best I've got.
Uhhh, a tie loop...
colgate.gif

lol, jk jk! Something about a single thread construction...

Friskydingo

Reaction score

The spaghetti wheels in the label, and print are sure signs of a fake.

aglose

Reaction score

When is the last time you saw an Hermes Made in Italy??

I want to see if fake Hermes have the loop as well cuz if they do then I need to be even more careful then just looking for the loop.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the last time you saw an Hermes Made in Italy??
Considering it's the first time I've seen a Hermes, or a Hermes knock off, I'd say today.
I want to see if fake Hermes have the loop as well cuz if they do then I need to be even more careful then just looking for the loop.
Will do, but I think based on how bad the embroidered logo was, I can't imagine they tried to get the construction right.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quasi thrift fit.

Ballantyne SC (thanks, Hansderhund)

Tindari by Zegna shirt (Thanks, Saks)

Vintage Japanese themed links (Thanks, capnwes)

Tom Ford pocket square (thanks C21)

Trafalgar belt (thanks, goodwill)

Ralph Lauren Purple Label pants (thanks, B&S)

Gaziano & Girling St. Tropez shoes (thanks, Barneys)

Creed virgin island water (thanks, Mrs. Spoo)

aglose

Reaction score
Good point. I guess you never really know if something is legit or not.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Silk twill is also a dead give away for this one. Should run from 11 to 5. That looks like 2 to 7.

CesarC

Reaction score
I'm always a little wary about white and cream / ivory combos, even if it's me wearing an ivory panama hat with a white shirt (like I did today). But I'm in love with that SC!! I found a similar one in blue at a consignment store recently that almost fit, was so sad. Pocket square fold is kind of cool, too, I think it works with the edginess of the jacket and adds some visual weight away from the lapel. Nice.
Quasi thrift fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads