• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

Minkous

Reaction score
Has anyone come across some good vintage Gant shirts? Ive been finding some like these over the past couple weeks but never seem to find my size. I found one vintage "Hugger" from the 1960's and put it up for sale with a high price on my Etsy and I was disappointed when someone bought it.

Also just wanted to show off the last pics, I love how the current collections copy the orig details like the stamping.

SoHoJoejoe

Reaction score
I have a quick question on fit. Want to pull the trigger on a Gant Linen Blazer. Fit says "Urban", whatever that means.

I'm a 38r to a T in RLBL. 36r to a T in JCrew Ludlow. Other "slim" brands seem to vary between the two sizes. I'm ~19.25" pit to pit. Pretty skinny but have some chest, arm, shoulder muscles. Have a 38R RL Rugby jacket that fits great but arms a bit snug for example.

The size guide on Gant's site seems to be for shirts and sweaters, or their stuff fits REALLY snug in jackets.
Anyone have any feedback on comparable fit, greatly appreciated!

kentpope

Reaction score
I am also 36R for J Crew and the Gant Rugger 46R/36R fits me about as good as can be. Not sure how close the Gant mainline would be to that but I've heard that the length is a tad longer when compared to the Rugger line.

ScottMC

Reaction score
I'm looking at that same linen blazer from Gant, not sure if I should get the 44 or 46, but I don't expect them to last much longer at that price. It looks like the Rugger Line fits a size smaller than the regular Gant stuff. I'm still afraid of that 44 though.

suttonzach

Reaction score
All - if anyone knows where I can source some Gant Rugger Cordster 5-pocket cords please let me know. I bought some when I was in the US in October and regret not buying 2 or 3 more pairs - now I can't find any online or ebay... help!

suttonzach

Reaction score
@Commissioner 33 ideally, though 32/34 would work

I've seen them online in Navy but that's the one color I already own and I was keen to get some other shades.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score

Fooleo

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the directon of somewhere that might have better markdowns the gant site? Some of the shirts on sale are really nice but the percentage of stuff thats sold out is
confused.gif

thonez

Reaction score
Just got a "Dreamy Oxford" in.... extremely disappointed. Fit is way different than my "Old Loom" oxfords despite both being hugger fit.
Didn't realize Gant was making their hugger oxfords extra extra slim now. The buttons are a joke as well. Wish I hadn't bought this on final sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads