• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

but medium is sold out. I emailed customer service and they said they don't have the item to measure. Wack.

I really like that piece too, but didn't see myself wearung enough to justify buying. I've tried on that blue moto down jacket and they definitely run tts too.

Their CS does suck.

theclipper

Reaction score
Anyone know how this season's Mountain Vest fits? Or even better yet have measurements on it? I'm usually a XS in just about everything. I'm wondering if I can get away with a S in the vest? I think I'm about a 36.5 chest.

Thanks much

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the Dreamy Oxford in red. But Mr Porter charges ******* duties and ****. Any other websites that have the shirt that would gouge Canadians?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The dreamy oxford look nice. You could always proxy? I'll do it for true cost of shipping if you want.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want the Dreamy Oxford in red. But Mr Porter charges ******* duties and ****. Any other websites that have the shirt that would gouge Canadians?

You could try Winners. I bought a Gant Rugger oxford for about $39 a few months back.

Islander

Reaction score

They fit similar. Medium gant hugger fits me very well, as does the Gant x MB shirts. Only major difference I have noticed is that the sleeves are very long on the Gant x MB and they may be slightly larger in all other respects as well. I don't have measurements on hand to substantiate this, but you should take the same size for both.

Ok just took measurements, both size medium:

Gant x MB:
p2p: 22
shoulder: 17
arm: 28
back length: 30.5

And to normalize, hugger fit:
p2p: 21
shoulder: 17
arm: 27 to end of cuff
back length: 31

This is true. I am tall w/ long arms and have several Gant MB shirts mainly because the sleeves are a perfect length for me. The MB fit is slightly fuller through the chest and the sleeves are an inch+ longer than the Rugger line. Epaulet used to provide measurement charts for both lines but I'm not sure what they're stocking these days.

Arky Abbott

Reaction score
where can I order some Gant Rugby tops online, and with shipping to Australia? please im dying down in this fashion isolated wasteland

altruistic

Reaction score
Hey guys, fit question here. I'm 6'4 200 lbs and the Large measurements seem to be spot on, except I'm unsure if it will have the length I need. Anyone taller know if it has a passable length?

coltonj11

Reaction score
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find the Herringbone Tweed Jacket and Pants from a couple of seasons ago (it was part of a 3-piece suit)? I finally found the waistcoat and purchased it, but I've had absolutely no luck with the rest of the suit.

Thanks,

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, fit question here. I'm 6'4 200 lbs and the Large measurements seem to be spot on, except I'm unsure if it will have the length I need. Anyone taller know if it has a passable length?

Im 6´4 and 190-195, and wear XL in the Hugger fit. There is some variability among different shirts/seasons, sometimes they are pretty tight and others more loose, but they do however always fit well in the chest and shoulders.

The ez fit is too short/wide in whatever size Ive tried.

Last edited:

friendlyneibr

Reaction score
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find the Herringbone Tweed Jacket and Pants from a couple of seasons ago (it was part of a 3-piece suit)? I finally found the waistcoat and purchased it, but I've had absolutely no luck with the rest of the suit.

Thanks,
I have the 3-piece suit: found it about a year ago (at which point it was already sold out everywhere) by getting in touch with Gant customer service where I live (Sweden), and the guy there actually contacted a bunch of their stores, had the ones who had pieces of the suit left mail them to the store in my city, and then I got it for half off. Pretty damn fine service! :)

Bad news is that I got the wrong size jacket, or rather, the sizes run so damn small/tight so I should have gone up a size on the jacket. They are really short & the arms are really tight. I normally wear a size 40 (50 here), and should have gone up to 42 (52). I can still wear it: it looks about the same as in the pictures you see from campaigns, but it's just not very comfortable to wear a tweed jacket that tight. Plus, I'd like to be able to have a thicker sweater beneath it, you know?

Anyway, my point is: try getting in touch with Gant directly, if you haven't. And if you need a size 50 and happen to find a size 52, get in touch with me, and we'll trade. :)

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Here's a glimpse at our Rugger buy for summer - we have a few pieces from Gant MB aswell but I haven't taken proper shots yet. I'm really happy with Bastian's rig this summer - some of the most playful stuff he's made for Gant.

naths

Reaction score
Does anyone know where else I can possibly get the Weeds Jacket in XS? They seem to have run out of the particular size every where.
I e-mailed them hoping to make a special order but was informed that they all sold out.

If anyone could hook me up with the khaki one, or recommend the place to go get one, I'd really greatly appreciate it.
Thanks! :)

InHocSignio

Reaction score

I'm 6' 2", and Rugger oxfords fit a bit past my natural waist, I'd say one or two inches past. If your extra 2 inches on me are apportioned totally towards your torso, then these might feel shortish on you -- but then again some people like that cropped look, see BoO. If your height comes mainly from your leg length, then you shouldn't have a problem. I refer to the Large in the Rugger Hugger fit, by the way.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donaldbaret