• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

piblondin

Reaction score

Dude, GATs are the way to go in terms of comfort, and aesthetically, IMHO more interesting.

I copped a Raf Adidas Stans for 160 a few weeks ago and I can't get myself to wear them outside, they're so uncomfortable.

Good to know! I considered the black and orange Rafs on sale and am now glad I didn't cop. I was hoping that they would at least be comfortable!

piblondin

Reaction score

do women's achilles lows also run a size big? and are they as easy to find on sale as the men's version is?

thinking of buying a pair for a friend

Having accompanied my wife as she tried these on, I would say yes, they do and yes, they are.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Step one throw in trash.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I destroy the heels of every shoe I wear before they get a chance to wear out. Are there any decent solutions for preserving the heels on a pair of CPs? I have started getting heel taps on my dress shoes but I don't think they work with sneakers.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! This advice is very much aligned with what I've been thinking Of course, I think it's some combination of aesthetics and comfort. I don't like Feit's aesthetics but I really like the concept and craftsmanship. I've owned and sold or returned multiple pairs of the handsewn lows and just wasn't ever able to get a good fit with them. The bio trainers are too ugly for my taste, but I've heard that they last forever. Re crepe soles, I just picked up some CP Chelseas and look forward to breaking them in.

So you don't like Feit's aesthetics but you've owned and sold or returned multiple pairs? If you don't like their aesthetic why on earth are you buying them? Feit are one of the few shoes that offer both a leather and additional cork insole which allows you adjust the fit by half a size so I'm baffled why you could not get a good fit with them! Were you sizing down or up?

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/quote] You can do that hood iron trick that the kids do on their jordans.....or leather conditioner. My vote is for the youtube hood iron trick, though.

piblondin

Reaction score

So you don't like Feit's aesthetics but you've owned and sold or returned multiple pairs? If you don't like their aesthetic why on earth are you buying them? Feit are one of the few shoes that offer both a leather and additional cork insole which allows you adjust the fit by half a size so I'm baffled why you could not get a good fit with them! Were you sizing down or up?

I don't particularly like the look of the Feit lows, but I find the concept of the shoe really compelling. I measure a 9.5D on the Brannock and tried both 42 and 43 but couldn't get a good fit. I wear 10 in Nike/Adidas, 9D in AE, and 42 in Achilles. I'll probably try a 43 again when I find another good deal on them.

Couldn't one buy leather and cork insoles to add to any shoe, though?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417