• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

slpldr

Reaction score
Also want to say a huge thank you to @ScrubbyDoo who sold me his Tournon Jacket. I had annoyed him for about 2 weeks straight with an endless onslaught of questions regarding fit and measurements. He took fit pics for me, measured everything I asked and never once told me to get lost. I appreciate all the kindness and patience in dealing with me!

I usually wear a Blazer in 46, and Scrubby was selling this blazer in a F38, so was unsure of whether or not it'd fit. It's nearly perfect however the armholes are quite tight, so there's some pinching in my armpit. Thinking a F40 would've been slightly more forgiving. (To be fair, I'm currently about 7kg (14lbs) heavier than usual as I've spent the past year attempting to bulk and put on some muscle. Hoping once I lose the excess fat things will be perfect).

I would love to get peoples opinions though. Does this look too small or can it pass? Has anyone had experience getting armholes widened?

View attachment 2242647
what glasses do you have here?

PaoloS

Reaction score
Also want to say a huge thank you to @ScrubbyDoo who sold me his Tournon Jacket. I had annoyed him for about 2 weeks straight with an endless onslaught of questions regarding fit and measurements. He took fit pics for me, measured everything I asked and never once told me to get lost. I appreciate all the kindness and patience in dealing with me!

I usually wear a Blazer in 46, and Scrubby was selling this blazer in a F38, so was unsure of whether or not it'd fit. It's nearly perfect however the armholes are quite tight, so there's some pinching in my armpit. Thinking a F40 would've been slightly more forgiving. (To be fair, I'm currently about 7kg (14lbs) heavier than usual as I've spent the past year attempting to bulk and put on some muscle. Hoping once I lose the excess fat things will be perfect).

I would love to get peoples opinions though. Does this look too small or can it pass? Has anyone had experience getting armholes widened?

View attachment 2242647
Wow you look great. - and - I want one👌

Prudy

Reaction score
Anyone tried this piece from FW24? Trying to determine sizing but no store in London has it to try on…

Thx! P

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpeg
    IMG_6879.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 48

slpldr

Reaction score
Jacques Marie Mage Dealans in Noir
Thanks. Regarding the jacket, IMO there is something off, like it looks OK, but not entirely right, I can’t pinpoint what’s the issue, probably waist is a bit too narrow and it’s longer than it should be.

DTOB

Reaction score
Thanks. Regarding the jacket, IMO there is something off, like it looks OK, but not entirely right, I can’t pinpoint what’s the issue, probably waist is a bit too narrow and it’s longer than it should be.
Took it into the tailor! She's going to let out the arms a little as they're quite restrictive. Hopefully if I can get a little more room in the arms it should help. I photoshopped a before and after here of what I hope the outcome will be.

Attachments

• IMG_7744 copy.jpg
    IMG_7744 copy.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 30
  • tempImagecJkft4.png
    tempImagecJkft4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purdy, agree with the above, best to go TTS in Celine jackets. I haven't tried that particular one, however, although they can run larger than the Saint-Laurent days in terms of the body, the shoulders and armholes still tend to be on the lean side so I'd be hesitant to size down unless you're really go for a slimmer fit and you have some optionality for returns.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One quick note on the jacket DTOB, I typically have mine shortened so that the bottom sits flush with the knuckle of the thumb. It looks as though this is a touch, maybe an inch longer, not a huge deal, but if you're under 5'10" it's sometimes nice to have it a hair shorter. I wouldn't do too much because obviously it'd throw off the proportions particularly the pocket to the bottom.

DTOB

Reaction score
Purdy, agree with the above, best to go TTS in Celine jackets. I haven't tried that particular one, however, although they can run larger than the Saint-Laurent days in terms of the body, the shoulders and armholes still tend to be on the lean side so I'd be hesitant to size down unless you're really go for a slimmer fit and you have some optionality for returns.
Absolutely! ideally I'd have gone for a mens 46, but they're like gold dust! Happened to find a women's F38 (courtesy of Scrubby), which matched the measurements of my other Celine blazers, with the exception of the arms being a little tighter due to being cut for a woman. I probably would've been a little better with a women's F40 comparatively I'd say.

Luckily tailor said there was plenty of extra fabric (which surprised me, as RTW generally doesn't have much seam allowances), so it should be possible to let out the arms about half an inch or so, which should bring it more in line with the rest of my Celine blazers.

As for length, it's entirely possible I may need to have it shortened. (I'm 5'8"). But figured let's see if I can sort the arms out first and go from there. The more I tailor it the harder it'll be to resell. So don't want to touch length just yet until I know arms will be ok.

Last edited:

DTOB

Reaction score
It does seem (based on runway pics etc) like its intended to be a little longer than normal, but if the general consensus here is it's too long on me then happy to take the advice and have it shortened an inch. I suppose in the meantime let's hope the sleeves being widened will help!

Appreciate all the feedback from everyone by the way! Means a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
  • s-l1200.png
    s-l1200.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 1605204835421.png
    1605204835421.png
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • 1607017515140.png
    1607017515140.png
    776.1 KB · Views: 47

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SillyPants