• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit

Reaction score

I just interrupt them at the same volume with "THESE BOOTS HAVE STEEL SHANKS" and the "You ******* douchebag" is implied with my tone and facial expression.
Ha. I said that once, very politely, and the guy responded, "shanks, huh?!?" and approached me. I said not that kind of shanks, and he proceeded to check all my stuff. So now I just say they are steel toe.

Alpina

Reaction score
Looking good Ben! How do you find travelling through airports with the boots? I may wear a pair for our holiday trip.

I find it to be entirely tolerable, in fact enjoyable. I try to remember to wear something with hooks to speed things up; admittedly I usually end up forgetting and wear my 4060.

I just applied for a NEXUS which includes TSA precheck which will be nice, but I think the support shanks will still require removal at security?

Safe travels!

What happens is the TSA guy will yell at you "YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF THIS IS THE PRECHECK LINE" when you start to take them off.
At this point you have a choice of listening to TSA guy and having the shoes inevitably beep and you have to take them off anyway, or you just continue to take them off and the TSA guy glares at you for not listening and "DON'T YOU KNOW THIS IS THE PRECHECK LINE YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF".

Let him/her know your stance--propose a wager that they will ask you to take them off.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would not bet the TSA guy they will make you take something off. Begs for a more involved treatment. Better to lay low I've found, even if you know you're right.

BenLeaman

Reaction score

What happens is the TSA guy will yell at you "YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF THIS IS THE PRECHECK LINE" when you start to take them off.
At this point you have a choice of listening to TSA guy and having the shoes inevitably beep and you have to take them off anyway, or you just continue to take them off and the TSA guy glares at you for not listening and "DON'T YOU KNOW THIS IS THE PRECHECK LINE YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF".

Lololololzzzzzzzzz

I just interrupt them at the same volume with "THESE BOOTS HAVE STEEL SHANKS" and the "You ******* douchebag" is implied with my tone and facial expression.

Dude, you know I can picture this perfectly. I love when you get sassy!

Reaction score
There's no need to be pretentious about the shoes we wear. A simple smile paired with a "these shoes always seem to set the scanner off" would suffice.

Rstldr

Reaction score
Color 8 Leathersoul wingtip
Bresciani OTC

The airport is interesting. I have to remove my Aldens every time through TSA pre. First world problems
1f609.png

RevisIsland

Reaction score

A stranger sitting next to me this morning at starbucks covertly snagged a pic of my alden boots. I dont see any post here so here they are in their parking lot glory

Superb. This is why color 8 is king. I think these would win my "if I could only own one boot" contest.

02///M3

Reaction score

Personally I don't think that will impact the performance of the shoe or boot. Since it's a PT design, it's going to crease like crazy anyways. Personally, I would probably keep it, but if it bothers you to much, return and take the next run. If it were a tighter pattern, I may have considered returning more.

-Mike

Thanks for your thoughts. Judging by what I've seen you post in this thread, I feel pretty comfortable following your instincts ;)

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you Uncle!
The color on those Ravellos is superb! They have a fantastic shine on them sir!

-Mike

nephew,
thank you

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I would not bet the TSA guy they will make you take something off. Begs for a more involved treatment. Better to lay low I've found, even if you know you're right.

TSA is such a joke. They're worried about travelers taking their shoes off, while in a GSA test over the Summer they had an 80% fail rate when they sent test through the screening points with explosives. 80% fail rate. Think about that next time they want you to take your shoes off, the guy behind you may have C4 in his bag... but they won't find it! Of course, they probably missed the explosives because they were too busy rummaging through your luggage looking for electronics they could swipe. :cloud:

Sorry for the rant, just the uselessness of the TSA makes me mad. Good tax money down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads