• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profligate47

Reaction score
Unlined LHS:

iPetronius

Reaction score
AOM is currently offering a switch to 1 of 3 styles for the people that had a delayed Ravello order. I believe they will eventually be listed on the Spring Listing for Shell but do not believe they are available for public sale as of yet. I think the Ravello switch will get first priority but I could be wrong?

Cigar WT Boot on Commando
Cigar Barrie Captoe (no details)
Cigar Barrie PTB (no details) - Like the 990

I decided to switch to the Cigar WT boot, I really appreciate the 15% offer they gave for the inconvenience. Good luck to everyone that waits out the Ravello. Im sure it will be a beautiful boot.
Is there anything special one needs to know about getting on AOM's list for these boots?? I have worked with Alden DC and SF, but not AOM, and from what I understand they are not run by Alden, like the former -- is that correct?? I gather that these are not technically available for those not already on the Ravello lists...

Bbombers85

Reaction score

Is there anything special one needs to know about getting on AOM's list for these boots?? I have worked with Alden DC and SF, but not AOM, and from what I understand they are not run by Alden, like the former -- is that correct?? I gather that these are not technically available for those not already on the Ravello lists...

I would get on their email list. They'll contact you and for exotics request you email them interest first before THEY call you. I've had good experiences with them in the past doing this.

aldennoob

Reaction score
I would get on their email list. They'll contact you and for exotics request you email them interest first before THEY call you. I've had good experiences with them in the past doing this.

Sent email to Adam of Aoc... he said no waiting list or email list for rare shell, maybe only for long relationship customer...

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get an email from AoM despite paying in full for Ravello WTs a while back... That's alarming.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They responded to an inquiry once but I think I handled the order via phone.

I would love to convert my order to a cigar wingtio boot so we will see what happens...

SimonT

Reaction score
Actually it is not the JCrew edition.

It is the Upper Shoes one, a french Alden retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads