• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score

I hope this is resolved to your satisfaction. If it were AE, you'd probably get a new pair of shoes.

So they called you, said they'd investigate, and then they didn't call you back with their recommendation, and instead just did what they thought would fix the issue and shipped the shoes back?

In a can, that's about what happened.

madridista

Reaction score

That is quite the contribution! Thank you very much. Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Welcome to the thread. You will enjoy each of those 4 models for a good long while. :D

Thank you! I can see them in my collection for a long time!

Awesome pictures! I'm really looking forward to the Ravello LWB from AoC, the recent run seem to have a very good shade!
-D

Thank you!

Welcome to the thread, and great collection.
I, however, have a problem with your user name.  Barca, forever!!!! 
fight%5B1%5D.gif

Thank you! October 25 will be fun!:)

Nice shoes. Welcome to the forum

Thanks!

I love it when new posters join the thread and post photos of beautiful shoe models. I wonder how many lurkers are out there with stunning collections. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!

[/SPOILER]

welcome to the forum!

Thanks, Mac! Most of the purchases are clearly inspired by your Aldens!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone here can't persuade Alden to do a Ravello monk strap? Ok. I'll even go with a Whiskey monk strap. Ok, I'll even go with a Cigar monk strap. Ok...
Alden monk in any of the 'rare' colors you mention would be incredible.

BCHopeful

Reaction score

Very cool about FSM. They are good guys. In my experience Alden SF can be a little evasive with their rare lists until they know you. Did you talk to Kathy at DC? BTW, calling is second best to gong to the store, but is cheaper and much quicker....

I will say that I had success with Alden SF... Got on the list for Ravello and Whiskey LWB middle of July expecting a year long wait at least, was offered a pair of Whiskey yesterday... Now have to convince the wife that a pair of $750.00 shoes represent a good investment... Rare shell is not a depreciating asset right.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I will say that I had success with Alden SF... Got on the list for Ravello and Whiskey LWB middle of July expecting a year long wait at least, was offered a pair of Whiskey yesterday... Now have to convince the wife that a pair of $750.00 shoes represent a good investment... Rare shell is not a depreciating asset right.

Yes, I have had a similar experience. I hate to say it, but I was actually only on the Cigar and Ravello Chukka lists for maybe 3 weeks when they came in. I was expecting a 2 year wait...

BCHopeful

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure most people would say ravello but cigar might be more versatile. 

What color would convince her that you need another?

HAHA

def get whiskey then....then you can go back to her and request for Cigar as a more formal color. OR vice versa. 

The best LWB color is Cigar IMO.  In fact, there are only 2 makeups where Color 8 is not King: LWB (Cigar) and LHS (Whiskey)

Do you already have color 8? If not, that would be my choice. Of the colors you listed, I would go with cigar.

I would do Ravello personally kind of the happy medium. :)

This will be my third pair of Alden's

1. Dark Brown LWB with antique edge from TSM

2. CXL NST on Commando from Loafers and Laces

3. Whiskey LWB from Alden SF

Will consider the Ravello when it comes available. Don't think I ever thought I would spent this much on shoes but I am supporting American business, so all is good in the world...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

This will be my third pair of Alden's

1. Dark Brown LWB with antique edge from TSM

2. CXL NST on Commando from Loafers and Laces

3. Whiskey LWB from Alden SF

Will consider the Ravello when it comes available. Don't think I ever thought I would spent this much on shoes but I am supporting American business, so all is good in the world...

Yeah. Join the club. I wouldn't have ever imagined I would have ever bought a shoe this expensive either. And then you get the shell bug...

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Natural cxls nst in the wild for the first time,rain and rubbish

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Join the club. I wouldn't have ever imagined I would have ever bought a shoe this expensive either. And then you get the shell bug...

I remember wringing my hands over how expensive the Indy boot was when I first bought it about five years ago. I was able to use a J. Crew 40% off coupon (because every once in a while, at least back then, their coupons worked on Aldens) and I think my total was $330 or so.

Now I'm buying two separate Ravello SW boots just because one is leather-soled and one is commando...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads