• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epc2

Reaction score

Ok, Update on the Ravello Captoe's for anyone interested. They were only confirmed like 11 units. Super small run. So I'm assuming the list has been full for some time though I did not ask. They went into production in June with 16-18 week lead time. So they are expected in October.

Like mdubs said yesterday in Alden language "we just got " = 2-3 months, so I'm sure he was talking about the Cigar Grant boots they received a few weeks ago.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like mdubs said yesterday in Alden language "we just got " = 2-3 months, so I'm sure he was talking about the Cigar Grant boots they received a few weeks ago.

Yeah I figured as much but when I originally talked to them. The list wasn't even in the computer, it was hand written on a note with only 3 names.
Most people here said it was in production but I wanted to double check. Now I know for certain.
biggrin.gif

I am not sure if I could think of a makeup I would want more than this one. At 11 pairs I really fell dumb luck into a spot.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

11 units???? Ugh.

Yeah I figured as much but when I originally talked to them. The list wasn't even in the computer, it was hand written on a note with only 3 names.
Most people here said it was in production but I wanted to double check. Now I know for certain. :D

I am not sure if I could think of a makeup I would want more than this one. At 11 pairs I really fell dumb luck into a spot.

I bought the other 10! One in each size I could. I plan on retiring early. eBay here I come!!! LOL.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, Update on the Ravello Captoe's for anyone interested. They were only confirmed like 11 units. Super small run. So I'm assuming the list has been full for some time though I did not ask. They went into production in June with 16-18 week lead time. So they are expected in October.

I though I was #2 or #3 on the list but looks like I'm #4. Fingers crossed.

My Leffot Tankers arrived and I have to make a trip to Canada Post office to pick them up. @Burzan No duties, just $105 in HST.

Last edited:

Bonggoy

Reaction score
@Bobbo316 is correct. These are expected to arrive in October. They are on the Grant last. Also, for those in a size 7.5D in Barrie, I passed on the Ravello LWBs since I'm already on the list for this Ravello cap toe and the Alden Madison ravello LWBs. I hope I don't regret that decision.

Thank you.

I am on Alden Madison Ravello LWBs as well.

You can never have too many Ravello LWBs.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. My trousers have 0 pleats today.

However, I am not pleat-averse. They do appear in my wardrobe.
Your welcome sir. Pleats will be back in style next year when men get tired of looking like little boys.

cincikid

Reaction score
Since the odds of getting cigar PTB in the meantime are pretty slim, I pulled the trigger for the dark brown calf PTB with the antique welt. While I love this makeup I am concerned that the leather on the left shoe has some weird (though hardly noticeable) stripes, which makes me think it was pulled on the last either too tight or across the grain. I wonder if this will make the shoe more prone to creasing and, hence, warrant an exchange (it doesn't bother me otherwise)?

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unless you are shorter, in which case pleats can help you really look like a little boy.

I don't need anymore help looking shorter.

I don't wanna take this thread too far off topic, but aren't pleats fine for shorter gents as long as proportions are kept in sync? I'm around 5'6" 130lbs, with a skinny build and though, I haven't any in my wardrobe, I've been thinking about getting a single pleat trouser made. I think that with a higher waist, fitted at the hips and tapered down to the ankle would help to elongate my frame. I agree that the opposite is true for low waisted, baggy pleats which look especially bad on short and stout gentlemen … actually those don't really look good on anyone :)

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes, maybe single pleats can work but since most men cuff pleated pants, the cuffs tend not to help. I answered a generalization with a generalization. As far as "off topic", I think there needs to be some latitude here in August!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Too late. You guys just ruined this thread. Unsubscribe!

The nerve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads