• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistercitizen

Reaction score
Since the odds of getting cigar PTB in the meantime are pretty slim, I pulled the trigger for the dark brown calf PTB with the antique welt. While I love this makeup I am concerned that the leather on the left shoe has some weird (though hardly noticeable) stripes, which makes me think it was pulled on the last either too tight or across the grain. I wonder if this will make the shoe more prone to creasing and, hence, warrant an exchange (it doesn't bother me otherwise)?

I can see the lines barely. I guess I would exchange if they bother you. I probably would. Did you get them from TSM? I really like that make up too and I've wondered about what the brown calf looks like in person too.

Ben

mistercitizen

Reaction score
No ... I realized that I wasn't a true fan of the Trubalance last and have since moved on to cap-toe Grant and Barrie boots.

Understood. I can see how some guys would not be a fan of the Trubalance last. I only like it for the Indy Boots...... and I only like the Indy Boots in either color 8 or black shell..... maybe the kudu leather too although I am not a huge fane of the rugged sole of the kudu boot.

I just ordered a pair of the Indy Boots in size 11.5 D. I may have a pair of 11 D's for sale soon depending on how the 11.5 D's fit.

Ben

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can try them on, but I wouldn't crease them. Just slip your foot in there and stand up. Sorry to hear about the imperfections. In the boot's defense...that is some pretty harsh lighting. My #8 have splotches but really only visible in light like that. I have had them over a year and worn them quite regularly and only noticed the splotches once when wearing them.

Yeah in normal light you can't really see anything, the small section on the side is the only really harsh mark.

I did what you said and the fit seems good, snug with thicker socks but not uncomfortable. I think the sizing works pretty well.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah in normal light you can't really see anything, the small section on the side is the only really harsh mark.

I did what you said and the fit seems good, snug with thicker socks but not uncomfortable. I think the sizing works pretty well.
almost all of my color 8 has similar die inconstancies under very bright light. Most if not all of it is barely ever noticeable

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

The mark on the side looks like it would be visible in most light. That is a call only you can make.

cincikid

Reaction score
I can see the lines barely. I guess I would exchange if they bother you. I probably would. Did you get them from TSM? I really like that make up too and I've wondered about what the brown calf looks like in person too.

Ben
Yep, these are from TSM. I really dig the look..., apart from the lines. They look very cigar-like in flesh.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

King Naval Boots.

nephew,
looking good

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost all of my color 8 has similar die inconstancies under very bright light. Most if not all of it is barely ever noticeable

The mark on the side looks like it would be visible in most light. That is a call only you can make.

Thanks guys, I am happy with the fit so will be keeping them. They do have a couple of smaller issues I can live with, both do not bother me (dye on the welt of one shoe, poorly dyed edge trim). I have some errands to run but will post some better pics to the thread.

mistercitizen

Reaction score
Yep, these are from TSM. I really dig the look..., apart from the lines. They look very cigar-like in flesh.

I nearly ordered that same shoe a few weeks ago (I still might unless a ton of cigar shell PTB's flood the market). I would like to see the brown calf up against the brown cxl in person, but I'm sure I'd go with the brown calf..... I'd just like to see the comparison. What stopped/delayed my order was that I found a pair of the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow PTB's in brown shell in my size and got those. I still like the shape of the Alden Barrie last for a PTB though.

As a side note, I love the antiquing on the sole and I actually antiqued the sole on my Marlow PTB's in a similar fashion. I was a little worried about messing them up, but they turned out really nice. I don't have any pictures, but they look as good, if not better than the antiquing on some of my other shoes that were factory "antiqued".

Ben

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys, I am happy with the fit so will be keeping them. They do have a couple of smaller issues I can live with, both do not bother me (dye on the welt of one shoe, poorly dyed edge trim). I have some errands to run but will post some better pics to the thread.
Looked to me like minor stuff -- relatively speaking, as far as Alden is concerned -- and I think you are making the right call by keeping them. Congrats!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king tassels
argyles otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads