• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the tip of ******** was as crooked as those LWBs, I'd rush to the ER.

eek.gif

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello again, everyone. I emailed Adele at Epaulet, and she was kind enough to offer me an exchange. Dylan at Epaulet sent over a few photos of the one other pair of Alden Natural CXL longwings in my size. Adele also explained that small inconsistencies are simply part of Alden's products and that buying and wearing Alden products requires a little tolerance for those inconsistencies, which I completely understand.

The pair offered for replacement seems a little better than the first pair. The left shoe is almost straight with regard to the brogue holes being centered down the middle, across the toes. However, the right shoe looks uneven to me again, as if the brogue holes are sliding toward the big toe side of the shoe. (Does that make sense?)

The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)

All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.

My Best,
Christopher

The first pair...left shoe.

The first pair...right shoe.

The replacement pair.

Epaulet offers returns for refunds to SF members. If you are having doubts, just get a refund.

specialk0449

Reaction score
I was able to find the revello PTB at Alden DC on the Barrie last in my size. I will post pictures when they arrive next week. I have the PTB in color 8, black and whiskey.

Also waiting for the JGilbert black shell medallion boot on the Plaza last. They should arrive in late March.

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello again, everyone. I emailed Adele at Epaulet, and she was kind enough to offer me an exchange. Dylan at Epaulet sent over a few photos of the one other pair of Alden Natural CXL longwings in my size. Adele also explained that small inconsistencies are simply part of Alden's products and that buying and wearing Alden products requires a little tolerance for those inconsistencies, which I completely understand.

The pair offered for replacement seems a little better than the first pair. The left shoe is almost straight with regard to the brogue holes being centered down the middle, across the toes. However, the right shoe looks uneven to me again, as if the brogue holes are sliding toward the big toe side of the shoe. (Does that make sense?)

The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)

All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.

My Best,
Christopher

The first pair...left shoe.

The first pair...right shoe.

The replacement pair.
I would do an in house carpet break in to see if you have discomfort. I would also see how straight they look after an hour or two on the carpet.
If you are not satisfied, Mike and his team @Epaulet are phenomenal and will definitely take care of you.
Best of luck.

docalden2013

Reaction score
I was able to find the revello PTB at Alden DC on the Barrie last in my size. I will post pictures when they arrive next week. I now the PTB in color 8, black and whiskey.

Also waiting for the JGilbert black shell medallion boot on the Plaza last. They should arrive in late March.
Well done. You've captured the career ptb grand slam. An important achievement :)

After seeing the bkotsko pics of the DC ravello ptb in my size, I'm starting to feel pangs of regret on letting them go. Bkotsko's a good guy, though; he deserves 'em

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of black cap toe grant lasted boots with double leather soles from Alden Madison. Apparently a few days earlier my wife secretly ordered me a pair of natty CXL ptbs as a surprise and they arrived yesterday, prior to the cap toe boots (that showed up this evening). So last night I was expecting to see an Alden Madison return address and instead saw a North River Outfitters box. I was confused at first, then shocked when she explained things, and then extremely happy when I saw exactly what she ordered. She even nailed the sizing despite the fact that I like my shoes to fit tighter than my boots.

I'm breaking them in tonight with a pair of bespoke, hand-knit socks that my wife made for me from merino wool with a small percentage of nylon. These socks are killer when paired with color 8 boots. She's an expert knitter and I now have 6 or 7 pairs of special socks to wear with my various Aldens.

This is my first foray into CXL. The fit is perfect and they are comfortable straight out of the box. These are definitely keepers, and so is she.

docalden2013

Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of black cap toe grant lasted boots with double leather soles from Alden Madison. Apparently a few days earlier my wife secretly ordered me a pair of natty CXL ptbs as a surprise and they arrived yesterday, prior to the cap toe boots (that showed up this evening). So last night I was expecting to see an Alden Madison return address and instead saw a North River Outfitters box. I was confused at first, then shocked when she explained things, and then extremely happy when I saw exactly what she ordered. She even nailed the sizing despite the fact that I like my shoes to fit tighter than my boots.

I'm breaking them in tonight with a pair of bespoke, hand-knit socks that my wife made for me from merino wool with a small percentage of nylon. These socks are killer when paired with color 8 boots. She's an expert knitter and I now have 6 or 7 pairs of special socks to wear with my various Aldens.

This is my first foray into CXL. The fit is perfect and they are comfortable straight out of the box. These are definitely keepers, and so is she.

She knits, she surprise orders Aldens, and she even understands Barrie sizing: definitely a keeper :) And congrats on your new ptbs!

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.

I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?

docalden2013

Reaction score
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.

I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?

If you need money someday, perhaps you can sell the pair for $2500 to the Japanese market. Very unique!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all this curved toebox talk reminded me of my natty tankers I got awhile back (different retailer)

these only have one wear, so no significant input (IMO) from my feet themselves

obviously not as bad as the LWBs that are in discussion (and in my case, less obvious I think due to the tanker design)

maybe alden just has a thing for curved right shoes
rotflmao.gif

specialk0449

Reaction score
Congrats on the PTB's Ironclad. The socks look great too. Your wife is very thoughtful and talented as well.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of black cap toe grant lasted boots with double leather soles from Alden Madison. Apparently a few days earlier my wife secretly ordered me a pair of natty CXL ptbs as a surprise and they arrived yesterday, prior to the cap toe boots (that showed up this evening). So last night I was expecting to see an Alden Madison return address and instead saw a North River Outfitters box. I was confused at first, then shocked when she explained things, and then extremely happy when I saw exactly what she ordered. She even nailed the sizing despite the fact that I like my shoes to fit tighter than my boots. I'm breaking them in tonight with a pair of bespoke, hand-knit socks that my wife made for me from merino wool with a small percentage of nylon. These socks are killer when paired with color 8 boots. She's an expert knitter and I now have 6 or 7 pairs of special socks to wear with my various Aldens. This is my first foray into CXL. The fit is perfect and they are comfortable straight out of the box. These are definitely keepers, and so is she.
Awesome socks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads