• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score

psa for the folks who were bummed about missing their size in the Harrison Ltd brown cxl chukka on Barrie: Pelle Line has some barrie chukkas in various sizes.

Looks like they have the exact same one Harrisonlimited had. The edging on the sole and heel might be a different color but you can't tell from the pics provided on the pelle website.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.

I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?

nice looking boots. I would send them to b.nelson, im sure he could flip that tongue over and expose that awesomeness.
just kidding. no, not really.
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all this curved toebox talk reminded me of my natty tankers I got awhile back (different retailer)

these only have one wear, so no significant input (IMO) from my feet themselves

obviously not as bad as the LWBs that are in discussion (and in my case, less obvious I think due to the tanker design)

maybe alden just has a thing for curved right shoes
rotflmao.gif

Alden doesn't have a monopoly on curved right shoes. I found that one of my C&J boots has the exact same curve on the right boot. Didn't notice it at all till I saw them on my boot rack the other day. And the wear of the sole on that right boot does reflect the curvature although I never felt it when I was wearing them.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)

All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.

My Best,
Christopher
Have to disagree... I own seven pairs of Alden LWBs and none have this issue with alignment of the brogue pattern on the toe or any other part of the shoe. Also, the AE MacNeil isn't even in the same league as the Alden LWB. You happened to have gotten a poorly constructed right shoe to the first pair (it shouldn't happen, but it will on occasion). Your second pair looks perfectly fine to me based on the pictures provided.

I hope you are happy with the replacement pair and enjoy them often. All the best...

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

partyof6

Reaction score
Just picked my first Aldens with help from this thread, so I thought I'd post for the first time too. I also have a question.

These are the unlined PTB, flex sole in color 8. The Alden DC salesperson said that the shoes were first released for Leather Soul, but Alden did a special run for this shop afterward.

My question is around the crease. I've only worn them in the store and at home on carpet (about 2 hours total), and they developed a crease near the big toe of each foot. There is extra material because this was the best fit I could get. The 8.5D were tight, so I went with 8.5E. The width and length are perfect, but there is quite a bit of space between my toes and the top of the shoe. I believe that's what's causing the creasing.

Should I have gone with the 8.5D expecting it to stretch and not have to deal with the extra material? Is this quick creasing abnormal?

Thanks for your help and for all the great advice and pics in this thread.

justuhgeek

Reaction score
^ Those look fine to me. It is normal for these to "crease" quickly as they are unlined. Sounds like you picked the right size if they fit right in the width and length. If the ball of your foot is where it's supposed to be then you sized correctly. Enjoy!

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
^ Those look fine to me. It is normal for these to "crease" quickly as they are unlined. Sounds like you picked the right size if they fit right in the width and length. If the ball of your foot is where it's supposed to be then you sized correctly. Enjoy!

Agreed. If you look back at the picture I posted earlier today of my #8 unlined PTB you'll see that they're creased as all hell (including the tip of the shoe). Just the nature of unlined. They only get more comfortable as you wear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members