• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to Bryan from LSBH, they do refunds if there's no other option, and obviously only if the boots in question haven't been creased up. As he put it to me, "They're not in the business of shipping boots out everywhere just to have them returned." They're much more inclined to do exchanges, but will do refunds if something just can't be worked out. That's reasonable, I suppose.
I'm not sure that I had the best experience with Bryan, to be completely honest. I'll probably try to pick up Alden's from Epaulet in the future. Their service can't be beat, and Mike is a fantastic guy. He told me a few weeks ago that they had a Natural CXL Tanker boot with a commando sole coming in within the next few weeks or so -- definitely interested in this.

That is a ****** response. I have never had any answers like that from Tom. I had to return a pair of boots one, because they where not right and Tom had no issues with it. If you did not like your experience with Bryan, then go directly to Tom.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barrie (11.5D or 12C) 12C looks nicer
Plaza (11.5D or 12D) 11.5 is a little tight, 12 a little big
Aberdeen (12D)
Leydon (12D or 12E) 12 E fits better
Trubalace (11.5D or 11.5C) 11.5C fits better
Grant (11.5D)

I select my sizes based assuming that I will wear a dress sock. I would recommend going tts on Plaza in case you decide you would like to wear a thick sock for the bitter DC winter.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats the beauty of the boots on plaza. you can end up going true to size and because you can tie all the way up your foot and ankle. on bluchers i ended up taking my barrie size

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my Color #8 LWBs came and they are lovely. Some wear at the toe, but overall great shape for the price. However, I can't stop thinking about the Cigar LWBs Ninja posted. Overall, I think those would be a even better color for my wardrobe--even if that's a bit of justification.

I can't swing the price right now, but if I out the #8's in B&S, the irregular pair at Alden of Carmel is in the price range...

I emailed them, and this is the response. I thought I'd share, since even though I'm leaning towards them, if someone really wants to swoop I'm not gonna be pissed or anything (besides, I think NAMOR posted the link to them in here a couple weeks ago). Thoughts?

Thank you for your e-mail.

AF81 10 1/2 D irregular.

On this pair, the sole has been trimmed poorly. Especially on the left shoe. The sole is trimmed close to the shoe on the sides of the shoe, and the sole is trimmed wide from the shoe at the toe of the shoe. The result is that the shoe looks narrow and elongated.

There is also some minor color variation on this pair, which can be normal with shell cordovan. Especially on the right shoe, the vamp area is a lighter shade than the toe area.

If you have any other questions, please e-mail.

Sincerely, Adam, Alden of Carmel

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's try this again. Purchased my 2nd pair of what looks to be defected ravello chukka boots. Last pair I bought about 6 months ago from shoemart had some funky stretch marks near the toe. This new pair (purchased from Alden SF) has a very weird dark diagonal stripe through the right shoe? Maybe I should just give up trying to acquire these? Does this look like another defect to you guy's or what?

New pair from Alden SF
IMG_3256.jpg

Old pair from Shoemart
IMG_3168_1.jpg

As with my last pair, I'm sure somebody on these forums already purchased and returned these, only to be sold back to me.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ooof. did you get the second appear in person?ooof. did you get the second appear in person?

g.michael

Reaction score

Ok, let's try this again. Purchased my 2nd pair of what looks to be defected ravello chukka boots. Last pair I bought about 6 months ago from shoemart had some funky stretch marks near the toe. This new pair (purchased from Alden SF) has a very weird dark diagonal stripe through the right shoe? Maybe I should just give up trying to acquire these? Does this look like another defect to you guy's or what?
As with my last pair, I'm sure somebody on these forums already purchased and returned these, only to be sold back to me:brick:
New pair from Alden SF
IMG_3256.jpg

Old pair from Shoemart
IMG_3168_1.jpg

I actually like the stretch marked version. The diagonal line is a little odd and depending on how much it showed up in regular light I might return them.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would think the boot maker would see the defected piece of leather with a stripe in it and at least use it towards the heel? It's almost like someone snaped a chalk line against the boot, it's that perfect of a line. Not that I couldn't live with it but for a $700.00 pair of shoes, something this noticable shouldn't leave the factory.

The photo of the stripe line shoe was taken indoors in normal light, the stretch marked one was taken outdoors on a nice day. The stripe will show even more in outdoor conditions.

Just sent a email off to Alden SF to enquire about this, I'm sure they'll just tell me to return them but it still leaves me without ravello chukka's for who knows how long?

Last edited:

trunks206

Reaction score
Heads up guys Leffot just got in a restock of Ravello Captoes in today. Hit up Steven if you want to lock a pair down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads