• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Trying on my #8 Wingtip commando boots for the first time. They feel great right out of the box. I love them. My first pair of Alden shell cordovan:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Tankers ^^ God knows why I listened to my wife and didn't grab a pair.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan, nice Tankers! Good color.

Beautiful Tankers ^^ God knows why I listened to my wife and didn't grab a pair.

You really should have grabbed them. When you are on the fence for this type of makeup, always keep in mind the secondary market is very strong at the moment.

P.S. @Bobbo316, Buck Fon Jovi!

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't wait for Wednesday... [
Whiskey shortwing Bals with BB argyles and J Crew Oxford cloth sky blue pants
Trying on my #8 Wingtip commando boots for the first time. They feel great right out of the box. I love them. My first pair of Alden shell cordovan:
Ok here are some pics of the new Tankers guys, excited to have these in my collection. Congrats to everyone who snagged a pair!
Fantastic boots!!! Unlined suede PTBs
Nice looking WT's, Tankers, and suede guys.

CEE88

Reaction score
Looks like Christmas in August around here - fresh Tankers & Longwings abound!

I too received a package today - Alden DC Ravello LWBs. Brown definitely dominates in this batch of Ravello, red tones in repose. iPhone pics below, indoors to shade to sun, comparing the new Ravello with my 4 year old Cigars:

(Can you tell which is which in this shot?)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am a 8C in Barrie shoes, 8C in Trubalance, 8.5D in Leydon unlined chukka. The fit of my Barrie shoes in C is perfect.  Probably they are some of the best fitting shoes I have.  The 8C in Trubalance is a bit wide.  But because they are boots and I typically wear thicker socks, they actually fit quite well with these.  I can still wear them with regular socks, but need to lace tighter.  For the Leydon chukkas, I tried the 8D and they are just too tight.  The 8,5D for me is a bit big but manageable.  I don't know if a C would be better.  Might be too tight as it should be equivalent to the 8D volume wise, which again was too tight.  I do have a Grant boot in 8.5C.  My experience is that length is good but it is a bit wide for me.  Probably similar fit to my 8C Trubalance.  But since they are boots, I do plan to wear thicker socks.  So I'm happy with the 8.5C size.  Hope this helps.

This is helpful, thanks. I should probably go 12.5C or maybe even 12.5B in a Grant boot in that case. I'd rather err on the side of caution and go with 12.5C and wear some thicker socks rather than get something that's too tight. Thanks!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ gorgeous. god damnit why cant alden make c width barrie shoes?

Seems like pre-orders are the only way for the most part. I have B and C width Barrie shoes, but all took months or years of waiting.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't wait for Wednesday...

Tom's (from Alden SF) patina on his pair were inspiring; as I always say, wear and enjoy often in great health my friends!
You and me both...
Looking good, my friend.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan, nice Tankers! Good color.
You really should have grabbed them. When you are on the fence for this type of makeup, always keep in mind the secondary market is very strong at the moment.

P.S. @Bobbo316, Buck Fon Jovi!

I hear ya man. I''m a Broncos fan but I still respect the home town team. I think most here wish Kelly was healthy enough and had enough time to run the team.

CEE88

Reaction score

Really put together on this one, RTP. May be my favorite Whiskeys. Really shows off the details of the short wing nicely. Congratulations, Sir, wear in the best of health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads