• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those navy cxl lwb on Jcrew's website looks pretty good to me!

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~A1214/A1214.jsp

FYI, these are not covered by the promo code . . . but the navy CXL PTBs are!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TommyB

Reaction score

FYI - J crew has a new #8 lwb priced at $600 and the 20% off card member code works!

ALDEN
00ae.png
SHELL CORDOVAN LONGWING BLUCHERS
Item: 26508
Size: 10 MEDIUM
Color: DARK BURGUNDY
IN STOCK
$480.00 x 1 $480.00

If I had a J Crew card I would buy that remaining size 9 in a heartbeat.

Kwaker

Reaction score

how does the Hampton last fit compared to Barrie & Aberdeen? i wear 9d on Barrie, 9e on Aberdeen.
just bought the 901 on Hampton in 9e but feels shorter with my toes right up to the end of the shoe.

My Hampton and Barrie sizes are 8.5D and 8D, respectively.
You would think that your Hampton in the Aberdeen size would work ... particularly since the Hampton appears to have a less pointed toe than the Aberdeen.

GooseG

Reaction score

My Hampton and Barrie sizes are 8.5D and 8D, respectively.
You would think that your Hampton in the Aberdeen size would work ... particularly since the Hampton appears to have a less pointed toe than the Aberdeen.

The odd thing for me is that I think my Hampton size is the same as my Barrie. My Hampton balmorals feel huge for a 9D, lots of toe room and a little on the long side.

I'm not sure if that's a last issue or just the fact that balmorals are tough to get right.

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
e5e4ybav.jpg

Beat up and look great. Maybe I will give them a brush and a bone after a few more wears.
So far they have seen snow, rain and one puddle. Still holding up great.
I will say I find them a wee but stuff in the ankle.
Definitely a great colour.
Now I need more
1f609.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpo

Reaction score

e5e4ybav.jpg

Beat up and look great. Maybe I will give them a brush and a bone after a few more wears.
Now I need more
1f609.png

ClassyCanuck: Do these have double leather or Commando soles? I'm getting these or a longwing/shortwing and losing sleep over picking the soles. I'm in the midwest and get a lot of rain unexpectedly so my shoes have to be able to not die if walked in some rain puddles from time to time. Considering Alden of Carmel have both Aldens on Commando as an option or getting double leather and perhaps Topy them just to secure from the rain. How have yours held up in the elements? Thanks in advance!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e5e4ybav.jpg

Now I need more
1f609.png

ClassyCanuck: Do these have double leather or Commando soles? I'm getting these or a longwing/shortwing and losing sleep over picking the soles. I'm in the midwest and get a lot of rain unexpectedly so my shoes have to be able to not die if walked in some rain puddles from time to time. Considering Alden of Carmel have both Aldens on Commando as an option or getting double leather and perhaps Topy them just to secure from the rain. How have yours held up in the elements? Thanks in advance!

By all appearances those are double leather.

You should get commando given your worries and sleeplessness. :D

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how does the Hampton last fit compared to Barrie & Aberdeen? i wear 9d on Barrie, 9e on Aberdeen.
just bought the 901 on Hampton in 9e but feels shorter with my toes right up to the end of the shoe.

In written literature, Alden suggests that the Hampton and Aberdeen will be the same size, and that each should be one width wider than Barrie. Curiously, the notion of one width wider than Barrie for Aberdeen/Hampton is adhered to by seemingly precious few (and I am not among the precious few), and most go up 1/2 size in length from Barrie when going to Aberdeen/Hampton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads