1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Shilling, congrats and welcome to the Alden family. You should be pleased with your future Alden boots and shoes. The 975 is a fantastic model and hard to beat!

Enjoy your 2015!!!

-Mike

2. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Happy New Year all!!!

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

Happy New Years gents!

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. TommyB

TommyB Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Gents!

2014 was the year I bought my first Aldens. Started with #8 Chukkas, which was followed by Ravello LWBs from AoC and 975s. A pair of Ravello Chukkas came, but also, unfortunately, went. (Too different shades of Ravello between the left and right shoe.)

2015 will see Ravello NST boots from TSM and #8 Alt Wiens from Epaulet. From there on it will be boots and Chukkas only.

Would love to be able to buy a couple of the following in 2015:

[​IMG]Whiskey Chukkas
    [​IMG]Whiskey boots (wing tip or NST)
    [​IMG]Ravello wing tip boot or maybe Daytripper
    [​IMG]#8 Tanker boot from Leffot or NST boot on Plaza from J Gilbert

My grails are Dr Jones boots ("Indy" on Plaza), though. Ravello, Whiskey and Cigar, would buy all three in a heartbeat. If anyone hears of any pre-order lists for any of these, I would be eternally grateful for a PM.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Gents !

Really like LS PT tan suede boots that just arrived at the store but not sure if I can justify another suede boots after $650 Choco Tankers purchase.

[​IMG]

Can someone buy 8.5D lol

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  7. prez

prez Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to all !

8. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

great looking storage!
    LOVE these suede colors.

9. thromb

thromb Well-Known Member

Happy New Year fellow Alden aficionados and hope your 2015 is a great one for new acquisitions!

@mdubs
    :nodding:
    wow what a year!!

10. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

A most healthy and happy 2015 to all !

@mdubs - that list is most impressive. I would like to thank you for single-handedly helping the US economy achieve its very strong back-to-back GDP growth these past 2 qtrs. :D

I'm away from my Alden children at the moment but as I stated a few weeks back, I did a good amount of purging in early/mid 2014, only to replace with other models in late 2014. Generally it was selling of exotic shell which was so exciting to buy at first, but then proved to be not as useful/practical. I'm happier having a pair of black Indy boots that I know will give some good all-day comfort to my feet, rather than a pair of whiskey PTBs which I may have worn once a month and certainly weren't as comfortable. To each his own, of course.

I've actually sold some exotic models to re-buy stock models which I originally bought at the start of my collection and then sold! D'Oh !

My 2015 list is quite small:

- Currently on NO pre-order lists.
    - On the "dream list" for the Choco Suede Tanker from LeatherSoul. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping enough people want this so it can get made again.
    - I'd jump at the chance for a Ravello Indy or Ravello NST boot (barrie or Tru).

Other than that, slow and steady for 2015.

11. katch

katch Well-Known Member

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Happy New Years gents,

Enjoy some football today! Thanks to everyone for the help given through out the year.

Indy brown cxl
    Snuff plain toe boot
    Cigar Indy
    Tan suede Indy
    Alpine NST boot
    Plain toe chamois shoe
    Jcrew #8 cap toe boot

Color 8 nst boot commando

The Indy brown cxl is one of my favorites of all my boots and since I wear them a bunch I have realized I am going to take a less is more approach and really get all my boots broken in....the comfort level just goes up so much for me.

I have passed on several builds do to this and so far the shaking and sweats have subsided a little.

13. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

I've kept 4 pairs from last year and kept 3 new purchases from this year - 2 of which were just recently since I was on a buying hiatus a good chunk of the year due to moving cross country and purchasing a new home. Purchases from this year include:

- tobacco chamois longwings from Leffot
    - unlined natural CXL chukkas from Leffot (should be delivered Monday)
    - kudu 6 eyelet chukkas on Trubalance from The Bureau (should be delivered Monday)

I have nothing on the list for 2015 but if I see a unique makeup I like or something I think would be versatile, I might make an impulse purchase. I do need to pick up a nice pair of loafers at some point. Maybe I'll get fitted on the Van last next time I go back home to visit DC. If I still lived in the DC area I'd be looking at a lot more boot purchases. In Texas I'm more likely to wear my suede Dovers than boots for at least half the year.

14. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

For me I go TTS Marlow and my Van size in the BB Tassel which is also my Barrie size. However, Aberdeen shoe and Boot I go TTS. Hope this helps some..

15. Vicious49

Added pictures of what I purchased in 2014 since there's not a whole lot there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Vicious49

Here are the holdovers that made the cut from 2013:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member