• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEE88

Reaction score
Color 8 Plaza Last cap toe - first trip outside:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all this plaza uploading is making my want to dump my jcrew pcts for a pair in plaza, either pct or straight captoe

dusttruffle

Reaction score
does anyone have E width plaza captoe boots? interested in how they look compared with the +0.5 -1 width. eg. 9D Vs 8.5E
I have a feeling the E width would accentuate the chisel toe.

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lol why did you buy both?

I got the jcrew during one of their 30% (i think) discount codes that worked with alden, so it was an impulsive thing..I dont think they've even hit concrete yet, and I even tried to sell on another forum but didnt work out.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats! I've really enjoyed breaking mine in over the last few weeks. Couldn't wait to wear them outside.

I would have done the mac break-in method but no more carpets inside the house haha so straight outside I went. Any real disadvantage by not carpet breaking?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got the jcrew during one of their 30% (i think) discount codes that worked with alden, so it was an impulsive thing..I dont think they've even hit concrete yet, and I even tried to sell on another forum but didnt work out.

well this is a no brainer: youve got a new shell boot and winter is around the corner. they havent been worn and you purchased them at a re-sale-able price. Post them on ebay and SF and wait for the right buyer.

size 11.5 jcrew boot in #8 shell. yeeeee

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

What size? haha I might be interested a little bit closer to Christmas, if you aren't in a terrible rush.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

Sorry, I realize now that it might not be the most polite to conduct business through the thread. Send me a PM if you are considering letting them go, maybe we can work something out.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I realize now that it might not be the most polite to conduct business through the thread. Send me a PM if you are considering letting them go, maybe we can work something out.

no worries, this thread moves swiftly enough..

they're 11.5D. if that's your size, PM me. maybe we can work something out
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads