• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ I have purchased one tobacco chamois model. The smell was a significant contributing factor in my eventual return of them. It wasn't a bad smell; rather, unique and, for me, entirely too overpowering.

I kind of like the smell -- it's oily and rich. This is also a pair of shoes that will hold its own against raw denim.

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score
For those worried about my cordovan cigar Indy boots, they cleaned up perfectly fine along with my wife's Wolverine 1,000 mile boots.

Outstanding pair. Thanks for the after pictures. I am officially going to use my color 8 Indys, just received this week, as my winter boots.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple interesting Aldens up on eBay in an 11d Aberdeen (I'm not the seller and have no idea who it is). I'm curious as to their provenance given the seller's description.

latestyle

Reaction score
Tanker Boots ?

Question about the boots that Citishoes sells (model 4020HC)......Their version is on the Barrie last, commando sole. Are these also known as the Tanker Boot ? If not, what might be the differences ? Thanks

aldenwear

Reaction score
Tanker Boots ?

Question about the boots that Citishoes sells (model 4020HC)......Their version is on the Barrie last, commando sole. Are these also known as the Tanker Boot ? If not, what might be the differences ? Thanks

Tanker Boots ?

yes, these are tankers.

Tankers are vernacular for boots with the open lacing norwegian handsewn front. Many of the make-ups of this boot are put on the barrie last. Some (like J Gilbert) have it made on the plaza last. I think I may have seen the boot on aberdeen last somewhere - aberdeen is the last that the Alden stock NSF shoe is built on -- but I am not sure about that.

Citishoes has its NSF make-ups -- shoes and boots -- made on the Barrie last.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Scored the last 9.5 on that one. Also, the NS veg tan Indy has quickly become one of my favorites. However, the slick leather can make a lot of noise when moving. Instead of "Shell Love", maybe I'll make a video on the sounds of "Calf Love"...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads