• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing beauty and precision on these brogue styles by Emiko Matsuda.

Screenshot (1629).png

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Some pictures from the recent trunk show of Samuel Gamba (Maison Corthay) in Hong Kong, China:

IMG_4365.jpeg IMG_4366.jpeg IMG_4386.jpeg IMG_4393.jpeg IMG_4394.jpeg IMG_4395.jpeg IMG_4396.jpeg IMG_4397.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4398.jpeg
    IMG_4398.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 47

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of leather is, but I much like that matte finish.

Pretty certain it's Super Buck Pebble from Charles F Stead

I bought a hide (maybe a side) from A&A Crack (Leather merchants in Northampton) in 2016 when the leather was very much a novelty. It got turned into a Venetian loafer leaving plenty of material, which in turn became a Chukka boot a few years later.

rolfholzapfel_1619649415_2562127460245029852_1702064039.jpg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty certain it's Super Buck Pebble from Charles F Stead

I bought a hide (maybe a side) from A&A Crack (Leather merchants in Northampton) in 2016 when the leather was very much a novelty. It got turned into a Venetian loafer leaving plenty of material, which in turn became a Chukka boot a few years later.

View attachment 2174957

Those Chukka boots look so sharp, the HAF sole suits perfectly.

SergoFan

Reaction score
Who made this Chukka boots?
Looking nice.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own both grey and navy they’re cool but just not as easy to wear, I would always have to put in more effort to wear them, and almost always there is a more pedestrian color that is easier to work with.

Yes, not the most versatile colours. I think that grey goes well with red, burgundy, pink and green tones, mostly.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I have a pair of blue suede loafers, aside from fit issues, I've always wished they were dark brown instead. Blue looks too showy for work, but doesn't look too good with jeans (black suede probably would work better).

Never had grey dress shoes, but I quite like my grey sneakers, they're one of those common projects lookalikes made in mid (slightly dark) grey grained calf. Much better at hiding dirt than white sneakers. I don't see a pair of grey dress shoes in near future, but I'm tempted to get a pair of grey sneakers from Yanagimachi to replace my old pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads