• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden has my attention due to their generous sizing and lasts (I have a hard to fit foot) and that they’re American so easy to exchange. The lasts are handsome but they only fill the casual side of my wardrobe for me. I am starting to move away from purchasing more now that I want some dressier stuff… 😁
I’m the opposite: I was always more formal, condoning more casual. Now I live in loafers and sneakers. Never appreciated boots. Came here because my mystery bespoke shoemaker had a reasonable (relatively) up charge on horween shell cordovan. So I was trying to find out more information. I concluded that shell is best for boots (thought about loafers, but I think shell would be too warm for how I use them in the summer (although I’ve never had a feet sweating issue).

Anyways, I was thinking, for next year fall, perhaps a split toe derby boot.

CLH03

Reaction score
0F27058B-77F8-4DB8-AE9F-E84619687B47.jpeg

Wing dinger

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think about Alden’s navy suede shoes? I’ve never owned a blue suede shoe, so I’m trying to imagine what I could pair it with. Maybe casual tailoring or chinos and a sweater?
Alden Navy Suede is very rich! I actually prefer their Navy Suede to their Navy Nubuck since the nap of the suede vs. The Nubuck can result in a very deep navy blue. Quite a bit of Alden dealers have some sort of Navy suede/Nubuck model either on pre-order or for sale.

I love Brogue's Navy Suede "Indigo Valley" Jumper Boots due to their versatility and overall aesthetic.
11104.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TSA not having the millimeter wave scanner is such a time killer! Only the Alden Army will understand...

Loden Suede Marvaments boots from B+M! Had my hand in requesting a Loden Suede make-up with Yenni and she liked the idea of wrapping that around the Straight Tip "Marvaments" boot. Hard to argue with the stunning results! Loden Suede + Brass Hardware is an eye-catcher!
1000008047.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m the opposite: I was always more formal, condoning more casual. Now I live in loafers and sneakers. Never appreciated boots. Came here because my mystery bespoke shoemaker had a reasonable (relatively) up charge on horween shell cordovan. So I was trying to find out more information. I concluded that shell is best for boots (thought about loafers, but I think shell would be too warm for how I use them in the summer (although I’ve never had a feet sweating issue).

Same here. I’ll wear a tie and sportcoat to the office at least once a week, but I find even that attire is becoming ever more casual: tweed or linen jackets with patch pockets, knit ties, suede loafers, etc.

I’ve worn a suit maybe 4 or 5 times this year.

Alden’s unlined suede LHS loafers are the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever worn. I reach for them first almost every time.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My field boot crowdfund makeup brings a smile every time.
View attachment 2061139
TSA not having the millimeter wave scanner is such a time killer! Only the Alden Army will understand...

Loden Suede Marvaments boots from B+M! Had my hand in requesting a Loden Suede make-up with Yenni and she liked the idea of wrapping that around the Straight Tip "Marvaments" boot. Hard to argue with the stunning results! Loden Suede + Brass Hardware is an eye-catcher!
View attachment 2061271
both pairs look amazing!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I have Van last 11D and 11E, I should get the same size in Barrie last, right?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I have Van last 11D and 11E, I should get the same size in Barrie last, right?

I'm casually looking for the dark brown suede LHS loafer. I'm also wondering the same thing as I have a pair of boots on the barrie last on 10D. Difficult to get sizing when no Alden retailers near you and you only have the internet to turn to

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't you think dressing more casual is more fun and challenging than dressing formally? I know with formal wear you look more "put together" but I find it also boring at times.

CLH03

Reaction score
I'm casually looking for the dark brown suede LHS loafer. I'm also wondering the same thing as I have a pair of boots on the barrie last on 10D. Difficult to get sizing when no Alden retailers near you and you only have the internet to turn to
Most people do. Some people size up 1/2 size in length. Very dependent on your foot of course. I take the same size in van and Barrie and all the other “runs big” lasts.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people do. Some people size up 1/2 size in length. Very dependent on your foot of course. I take the same size in van and Barrie and all the other “runs big” lasts.

Thanks for the insight. Will report back once I get my hands on a LHS one of these days

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. Will report back once I get my hands on a LHS one of these days

If you're in the Toronto area, have you stopped by Lost & Found? They have a very nice selection of Alden shoes.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you think dressing more casual is more fun and challenging than dressing formally? I know with formal wear you look more "put together" but I find it also boring at times.

I definitely see your point, although I swap out dress / polo shirts for t shirts / sweaters & sports jackets for leather / suede. Mix in trousers & jeans still. I suppose I don’t have a preference, although it’s really hard to beat a bespoke suit, shirt & solid navy / blue grenadine tie. Or even, a bit more casual, bespoke trousers, jacket, and a polo with loafers.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals.

IMG_3429.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads