• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

levelup

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased my first pair of cordovan cap toe from J Crew and have been a bit disappointed by the quality. I have bought and returned a couple pairs now due to the boots having scuffs and other marks. I noticed that these pairs have not come in retail boxes and are instead in J Crew boxes. I am wondering if these boots are actually seconds? Has anyone that has purchased from J Crew had similar experience? Thanks.

sabmoll

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the New Orleans last? I can’t find it in the typical last-overviews yet.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased my first pair of cordovan cap toe from J Crew and have been a bit disappointed by the quality. I have bought and returned a couple pairs now due to the boots having scuffs and other marks. I noticed that these pairs have not come in retail boxes and are instead in J Crew boxes. I am wondering if these boots are actually seconds? Has anyone that has purchased from J Crew had similar experience? Thanks.
Scuff and marks wouldn’t qualify as seconds. JCrew allows returns so they may have been bought and returned a few times leading to more marks than usual.

If you are looking for a flawless pair that may not be a reality but I suspect you have better luck dealing with a shop that primarily sells Aldens. Alden Madison, Brick & Mortar, Ealdwine, etc.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from our affiliate thread

New in stock!

Alden Indy boots / Loden Suede / Trubalance / Brass Eyelets & Hooks / 360 Reverse welt / Antique Edge / Commando Sole

456BF916-CDC5-4FA3-8874-5496401BF102_1_201_a.jpeg

quaranteneuf

Reaction score
Hi all,

All of my (2) J Crew x Alden purchases have come in Alden boxes.

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
Gentlemen. I obtained a lovely pair of whiskey shell cordovan longwings from a German doctor on eBay about 4 years ago at a great price. I figured that the color might be a little off due to wear but recent research suggests that there have been two batches of whiskey cordovan LWBs. Does anyone know when the color switched from a more mahogany to a light tan/blonde? I’ve got a more mahogany colored pair. I’d like to place the approximate year that the shoes are from. Thanks so much!

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen. I obtained a lovely pair of whiskey shell cordovan longwings from a German doctor on eBay about 4 years ago at a great price. I figured that the color might be a little off due to wear but recent research suggests that there have been two batches of whiskey cordovan LWBs. Does anyone know when the color switched from a more mahogany to a light tan/blonde? I’ve got a more mahogany colored pair. I’d like to place the approximate year that the shoes are from. Thanks so much!

The production code inside specifies the year of production. I believe how to read the production code is included on the first post of this thread.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Hey guys. Maiden voyage for my lhs loafers. Do they look like they fit ok? A little concerned about the gap on the left foot. Besides that the shoe fits great overall. Minimal heel slippage, no tight spots or pain.

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 78

Franky

Reaction score
Anyone know if any retailer has stock for the 6243F in 7.5E? Got on a list but would rather just buy it if there is stock anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads