• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilby

Reaction score
Tan gunboats today.
IMG_5462.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at a charity event this evening, saw 1 pair of Alden (LHS loafers), 2 pair of AE, and 1 pair of Grant Stone (which I was wearing). The state of footwear on the men in attendance was, at best, poor. LOTS of square toe black stuff, some LongWing wanna-be's but mostly department store cemented junk. I know it's not normal for this thread, but I just had to vent.
No back to our regularly scheduled programming.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@audog, how does one become a “Stylish Dinosaur”? Just noticed that tag line under your avatar.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Warmed up to 60 today! Felt like getting some unlined suede out

lrm_export_175020775439000_20190310_214404346-jpeg.1141644

View attachment 1141703
Not great lighting but, I think they’re looking pretty good after some weekend TLC.

It's a miserable Monday, hard to be back at work! Good luck this week.

BB stripe tie and BB color 8 low vamp. Trying to ward off those Monday blues!

img_20190311_072727430_hdr-jpg.1141824
img_20190311_072706086-jpg.1141825

New pair and new laces. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots. Incredibly happy to have this grail pair I've been waiting on for a few years...

View attachment 1141892

Congrats on the new pair @Deusis - I'm waiting on that grail too!

AldenxSF wingtip boots today. Not sure if it is just me, but daylight savings time was really messing with my household this morning and trying to get out the door. Have a good one gents!
View attachment 1141849

Alden + Panerai always makes for a nice combo.
View attachment 1141939

I had to run to LAX to drop off Mrs. smfdoc. Since I was in the neighborhood, I dropped in to the Stronghold in Venice. It is really the only retailer in southern California that I know of. They have some nice make ups. It seems they do much of the ordering in March and April, so now is an opportunity to get on an order, especially for those of us who are difficult to fit. I ordered the brown and green LWB on the right and the scotch grain perfed cap toe on the far left of the second image

View attachment 1141960
View attachment 1141961

#8 tassels from brooks today. Had these a couple of years and they haven't changed color that much. Congrats to all that got these during the recent sale.
OAc4IYC.jpg

Favorite LHS's .. I love this color in shell.
View attachment 1142062

Fantastic looking Loafers, boots and Shoes today guys! Some fantastic work polishing them up!

-Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fourdoggies

Reaction score
Heads up: 40% off code 23HOURS is currently working on Aldens at the JCrew website. It will probably not last more than a couple hours. You can get an additional 15% off by using a temporary email address to sign up for their email list.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up: 40% off code 23HOURS is currently working on Aldens at the JCrew website. It will probably not last more than a couple hours. You can get an additional 15% off by using a temporary email address to sign up for their email list.
I was just coming here to post that! Alas they have nothing in my size... Oh well, great deal if they have something that fits you!

macher

Reaction score
Hi all if anyone is using tongue pads to help with volume and lace spacing what tongue pads are you using? Does it change the fit / feel since the volume is filled from the top vs using a thin Pedag insert which is from the bottom? Thanks!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@audog, how does one become a “Stylish Dinosaur”? Just noticed that tag line under your avatar.
STyle Forum just gave it to me, I think it's once one passes 10K in posts, that's all I can figure. I've been on SF since 2011, so have had plenty of time to accumulate a lot of posts. And based on "length of service" I AM a Dinosaur.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brogue Thesis Derby for a chilly Tuesday in NYC.
Pairs well with the Deepsea Sea-Dweller.
I threw my Filson bag in the pic for the hell of it

View attachment 1142444

Ha, very nice.

STyle Forum just gave it to me, I think it's once one passes 10K in posts, that's all I can figure. I've been on SF since 2011, so have had plenty of time to accumulate a lot of posts. And based on "length of service" I AM a Dinosaur.

Where were all your posts before you went Alden-crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads