• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your advice on sizing for the loafers. I should be receiving them this week. Hopefully all goes well. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Birthday to everyone that's celebrating their birthday. I just celebrated my Dirty 30 earlier this year. I figured 30 was a good time to get started on some high quality footwear. I aspire to have a well-rounded collection half as nice as most of yours on here, someday.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your advice on sizing for the loafers. I should be receiving them this week. Hopefully all goes well. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Birthday to everyone that's celebrating their birthday. I just celebrated my Dirty 30 earlier this year. I figured 30 was a good time to get started on some high quality footwear. I aspire to have a well-rounded collection half as nice as most of yours on here, someday.
Good luck - take your time building your collection so that you can have a bunch of great fitting shoes that you love. It's tempting to grab everything that comes your way, but trust me it's more expensive to buy and have to sell later for poor fit than to wait!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck - take your time building your collection so that you can have a bunch of great fitting shoes that you love. It's tempting to grab everything that comes your way, but trust me it's more expensive to buy and have to sell later for poor fit than to wait!
+10

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't found a collection of orthopedic shoes which is more comfortable and reliable.......
So just wearing B&M Davis boots to check flower beds after 1.5 inches of rain in 24 hrs.
IMG_2752.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checked in with Adam today about a pre-order; sounds like the factory is running behind. So, I'd plan on waiting an extra month or two if you've got a pre-order in the works before worrying.

vincentkd88

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. I definitely will take that into consideration. I just got really excited when I saw that TSM had my size for the factory seconds loafers. I might have jumped the gun, but hopefully it works out. If not, I can always return them.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
any tips on sizing for boots? Im a 9.5E brannok.

9D barrie on non shell is too tight. Im thinking Trublance E, but not sure if that would accommodate a thicker sock

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any tips on sizing for boots? Im a 9.5E brannok.

9D barrie on non shell is too tight. Im thinking Trublance E, but not sure if that would accommodate a thicker sock

Trubalance is very generous as far as fit is concerned. If you brannock at an E then an E width TB boot should have plenty of room for thick socks.

breck81

Reaction score

Well gentlemen, today I turn 52. Never to old to wear Alden’s ;) I hope everyone has a fantastic day as I know I will.

Thank you gang. Had a great time with the fam.
View attachment 1011197

These made the birthday cut.
View attachment 1011232

Happy Belated Birthday Sir! 52 looks good on you. BTW I think Whiskey LHS are my favorite shoe. To wear and look at:)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checked in with Adam today about a pre-order; sounds like the factory is running behind. So, I'd plan on waiting an extra month or two if you've got a pre-order in the works before worrying.

:brick::censored::cloud:

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Belated Birthday Sir! 52 looks good on you. BTW I think Whiskey LHS are my favorite shoe. To wear and look at:)
Thank you. Definitely one of my favorite shoes for sure. If you ever get a chance to snag a pair, I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads