• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ nice boot.. good grab.. oh if I hadn't just bagged pebble NST I be all over this one... great color

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grant Stone cap toe boot, Brogue Terra Nova, B&M Tanker. The Terra Nova is same leather as AOC 92, but slightly different toe cap on AOC (no perf) so they are different in my mind :)
I've still got four in the queue! Well, three boots, one loafer

BoydsShoes

Reaction score
any tips on sizing for boots? Im a 9.5E brannok.

9D barrie on non shell is too tight. Im thinking Trublance E, but not sure if that would accommodate a thicker sock

Trubulance is much easier to fit. I am 9.5C on the Brannock (maybe more like 9.75C) so I bought a 9D in Barrie that ends up being miserably tight on one of my feet and too short in the other. Some of this is having a long, high instep, but I can't imagine a 9.5 E Bannock getting stuffed inside a 9D Barrie. Sounds like a special kind of torture.

With Trubulance, there is so much room in the front, you can start to concentrate on fitting the heel. Chances are 9E will work for you. I think a thick sock might be fine, and you could use the sock to support the heel. Right now I am using a full length insert with a metatarsal pad or a full length orthotic and use a 10D in Trubalance, which I think shows you how much room there is in the boot, given my Brannock measurement.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the SF store for a few minutes today, and really enjoyed looking around. They have a really cool plain-toe boot in nubuck that I think looks really good and would be sorely tempting if I wasn't over-loaded with boots. Kinda surprised there isn't more nubuck running with various stockists.

They have a couple of interesting things on their clearance shelves - a natty CXL longwing that would be mighty tempting if I didn't already own essentially the same shoe (apparently they have a full run of sizes from 7.5 or so up to 12) and what looks to be something identical or nearly so to the Leffot Naval Boot:
C2rPDog.jpg

(a gratuitous pic of mine for reference - I'm actually wearing these tomorrow)
PAWXMwR.jpg

They only have 11.5 and 12 (I think), and I didn't catch how much off they were, but they looked nice, had some eggplantyness going on and the shell on the boot I held felt great.

Lastly, they had an interesting new makeup that I'm going to dub "The San Francisco All-Weather Stomper":
AIV2HBM.jpg

A three-eyelet chukka-derby with pebbled leather and commando soles. I believe this is Copley last, but whatever it is the profile is nicely sleek to my eyes. Dark brown, black and the above mid-brown pebbled leathers. I'm very twitchy about pebbled leathers for some reason, but these are pretty cool IMHO.

I managed to only walk out with some Leather Defender, but it's always great to visit the SF store... (which is the one that started my Alden journey...)

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the SF store for a few minutes today, and really enjoyed looking around. They have a really cool plain-toe boot in nubuck that I think looks really good and would be sorely tempting if I wasn't over-loaded with boots. Kinda surprised there isn't more nubuck running with various stockists.

They have a couple of interesting things on their clearance shelves - a natty CXL longwing that would be mighty tempting if I didn't already own essentially the same shoe (apparently they have a full run of sizes from 7.5 or so up to 12) and what looks to be something identical or nearly so to the Leffot Naval Boot:
C2rPDog.jpg

(a gratuitous pic of mine for reference - I'm actually wearing these tomorrow)
PAWXMwR.jpg

They only have 11.5 and 12 (I think), and I didn't catch how much off they were, but they looked nice, had some eggplantyness going on and the shell on the boot I held felt great.

Lastly, they had an interesting new makeup that I'm going to dub "The San Francisco All-Weather Stomper":
AIV2HBM.jpg

A three-eyelet chukka-derby with pebbled leather and commando soles. I believe this is Copley last, but whatever it is the profile is nicely sleek to my eyes. Dark brown, black and the above mid-brown pebbled leathers. I'm very twitchy about pebbled leathers for some reason, but these are pretty cool IMHO.

I managed to only walk out with some Leather Defender, but it's always great to visit the SF store... (which is the one that started my Alden journey...)
A cxl long wing sounds pretty awesome. Did you happen to catch what last they are on? (Please don't say Barrie!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members