• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesco10

Reaction score
They're all so called combination lasts. That B/D is the heel/forefoot widths. They always have an offset of two, so it becomes C/E, D/EE, etc. There's generally a gain in circumference of about 3/16" at the forefoot. I think it roughly translates to about a 1/16" in width of footbed at the heel and toe area.

Thanks a lot for your answer! Great!

JDKing

Reaction score
Yes; apparently the 379X last is very popular in Japan
Thanks for your help. TSM says that they are on the Van last, so I guess they are just a lined LHS designed for a Japanese retailer. I have a narrow heel and a wide forefoot, so hopefully they suit my feet. Last year I tried some AE Patriots and they didn't work out.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they look great there . What’s the defect??
Thank you. I quickly looked over and the only things that I noticed were some minor superficial scuffs in one spot, which should buff out, and maybe the caps are slightly uneven. Unless I missed something, I can’t believe these were sold as seconds.

Freakin' Awesome!!! Are those seconds??
Thanks. Yes, they are.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I quickly looked over and the only things that I noticed were some minor superficial scuffs in one spot, which should buff out, and maybe the caps are slightly uneven. Unless I missed something, I can’t believe these were sold as seconds.

Thanks. Yes, they are.
It looks like, at least price wise, TSM no longer offer seconds in rare shell cordovan.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Yes, they are.
Fantastic!! It really is a lucky grab my friend. Wear them in good health.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. TSM says that they are on the Van last, so I guess they are just a lined LHS designed for a Japanese retailer. I have a narrow heel and a wide forefoot, so hopefully they suit my feet. Last year I tried some AE Patriots and they didn't work out.
I'm a similar situation; I've got some 11EE Van lasted loafers coming in October! I'm pretty confident they'll work for me. Some Rancourts coming next month too.
Sounds like you went Alden for the shell loafers, but the Randolph might have worked for you.

JDKing

Reaction score
I'm a similar situation; I've got some 11EE Van lasted loafers coming in October! I'm pretty confident they'll work for me. Some Rancourts coming next month too.
Sounds like you went Alden for the shell loafers, but the Randolph might have worked for you.

Yeah, the Randolph is my next step if these don't work out. I do want to see the Alden shell in person, and I have had some not so great experiences with AE lasting.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh they are selling rare shell seconds but they caught on to flipper prices and figured they might as well get a big slice of the pie.
Indeed. TSM might as well list them on the first run rare shell page. They went through the trouble of stating in their listing "due to the scarcity, rare shell cordovan seconds will be sold at full price". Or something of the sorts... If they offered them as firsts, most people wouldn't bat an eye. The seconds weren't much less than the firsts anyway.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. TSM might as well list them on the first run rare shell page. They went through the trouble of stating in their listing "due to the scarcity, rare shell cordovan seconds will be sold at full price". Or something of the sorts... If they offered them as firsts, most people wouldn't bat an eye. The seconds weren't much less than the firsts anyway.
They are not their makeups so they can list them with their own rare makeups. Listed as second’s, people still didn’t bat an eye. They all sound out lickity split.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not their makeups so they can list them with their own rare makeups. Listed as second’s, people still didn’t bat an eye. They all sound out lickity split.
That's right, most of the time they are other make-ups... This is why you're the brains in this outfit! Lbvs!!!
:fistbump:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TSM is quite often wrong on the last for seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads