• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to do that even just maintain the same revenue though

how many of us change aesthetic, or stopping buying item A/B/C/D because else we have too many overlapping stuff type of thing
I understand that, I can still dream - but I do believe that the wanton pursuit of growth is inherently destructive, which is why I hate the idea of the stock market so much as it prizes growth over all, inventing it's own upside down world of wage disparity, pollution and exploitation.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to do that even just maintain the same revenue though

how many of us change aesthetic, or stopping buying item A/B/C/D because else we have too many overlapping stuff type of thing
This is true as well. I think it'll be highly variable individual to individual based on taste, budget and maybe how long or how many types of fashion they've dabbled in previously. At some point, myself included, people may end up on settling on a specific brand or style cause it checks enough boxes or covers a majority of their bases that its not worth the effort of deviating to multiple brands.

Using myself as an example, with the only exception being t-shirts, my wardrobe is now probably 85-90% one brand after dabbling in a bit of everything for almost a decade.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
This is true as well. I think it'll be highly variable individual to individual based on taste, budget and maybe how long or how many types of fashion they've dabbled in previously. At some point, myself included, people may end up on settling on a specific brand or style cause it checks enough boxes or covers a majority of their bases that its not worth the effort of deviating to multiple brands.

Using myself as an example, with the only exception being t-shirts, my wardrobe is now probably 85-90% one brand after dabbling in a bit of everything for almost a decade.
Which brand?

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score

Can you share your favourite pieces from Timeworn?

I shot them an email and they replied they have no catalogue, but can get back to me about the availability of certain products if I have photos of them that I gathered online.

Cheers!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you share your favourite pieces from Timeworn?

I shot them an email and they replied they have no catalogue, but can get back to me about the availability of certain products if I have photos of them that I gathered online.

Cheers!
You can see my old posts in the thread gallery going back the last few years. Everything they do is seasonal, and given that they don’t make a ton of product like other brands they tend to sell through most things each season.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being into one brand has always been my dream but I always drift between similar brands and obviously a lot of vintage. It's hard to find a brand that hits perfectly all that I want.

Especially now in Kyoto where I spend more time on a bike than walking. I hike all the time, climb whatever. So although I probably should do gorp core, I still like repro and vintage too much to go gorp.

Also I posted this in the Kapital thread, but recently I've been thinking bout trying to proxy for people so I can buy vicariously through others. It would be a fee but if anyone is interested for things PM me!

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Doing some closet cleanup.
Anybody might be interested by one of the following?
I want to ship everything to Marrkt as it's easier but if somebody here is interested, please let me know :)

I have been exploring some japanese brands for the best crewneck / loopwheels.

I really like The Real McCoy. Their fits are great.
Loopwheeler cloths are top notch.

1. Loopwheeler crazy cardigan Small
2. The Real McCoy Ballpark 38
3. Loopwheeler "Woolwheeler" crazy crewneck black and grey Medium
4. AD Spalding Bro short sleeve "Boxer" crewneck 38
5. Loopwheeler "Woolwheeler" oatmeal Medium
6. Filmelange crewneck size 1 (Small)
7. Vintage black cardigan (XS / S)
8. Kenneth Field crewneck S (Some stains)
9. Loopwheeler grey overshirt Small

Attachments

• 2024-09-19 10.20.08.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.20.08.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-09-19 10.21.11.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.21.11.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 2024-09-19 10.21.37.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.21.37.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2024-09-19 10.22.03.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.22.03.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-09-19 10.22.25.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.22.25.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-09-19 10.22.44.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.22.44.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-09-19 10.23.29.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.23.29.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-09-19 10.24.35.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.24.35.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2024-09-19 10.24.56.jpg
    2024-09-19 10.24.56.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 19

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dunestrailers