• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone comment on how the 202 fits in the toe box, compared to some of Alden's lasts? Specially how narrow and low it is.

I'm exactly between D and E on a Brannock device and my toes like to splay a bit. Lasts like the Modified, Barrie, Van, Tru Balance, 379x, all feel great in D width. Aberdeen and Leydon are slightly too narrow for me (I still wear them, just not as comfortably).

I got sized at Leffot a few months back and it felt great overall but don't remember how the toe box feels. And IME you only get a good impression about the fit there when you start walking and flexing your feet, which I didn't do much at the store.

Paging @Shawnc :)

thanks!

If you have no issues with Barrie, you'll have no issues with 202. It's pretty unnoticeable to me, which is a good thing imo. It's neither low nor narrow nor wide and high.

Sorry for the delayed response @tuna roll, avoiding pages these days 😉. While I’m far from an EG expert , I was surprised to find that I only have one pair on 202. In my experience, these D-width 202’s fit pretty similarly to my D-width Aberdeen’s……..

View attachment 2248405

As @Shawnc mentioned, the 202 is very similar in terms of toe box height & width to the Aberdeen. The Aberdeen provides a bit better clearance at the instep compared to the 202. Heels are pretty much the same.

The Barrie's length (when sized the recommended 1/2 size down from standard US sizing) fits quite similar to the 202.
The difference, and what you are most interested in, is the toe box height and width compared to the 202. The box height is taller but the width not much wider. Thus, your toes will have less freedom of movement vertically but horizontally similar (just less) in the 202 compared to the Barrie. I still think, as commented by @jischwar, you should be fine with the 202 if the Barrie works for you.

This fitting experience only holds true, though, for standard laced shoes not boots. EG's 202 boots provide more vertical and horizontal toe movement compared to their dressier counterparts.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Rosewood CC Galways FTW (for the weekend)
IMG20240921103816.jpg
IMG20240921103813.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CashmereHelp