• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

jmiller123

Reaction score
1st Pat-rn is a really cool brand. I had their Anders blazer for a hot minute last year, trying to go for the casual look similar to @whorishconsumer's RRL venture. Unfortunately it was a bit small on me so I unloaded it but I think the quality is their for the price. It had these really cool herringbone pockets on the inside that gave it the militaria vibe that works well with Ivy looks. The second image has the more accurate color, which was a deeper gray that was very versatile and looked great with jeans and cords. If they remade this particular jacket I'd probably pull the trigger.

155113483.jpg

38122919_1936757426385449_4736985440110772224_n.jpg

GaiusM

Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite pair of chinos from these types of brands? I don’t want anything too wide, more of a modern cut.
Burgus Plus makes some fairly slim lower-rise chinos in a variety of colors. They're Hinoya's house brand. 401z is very modern, others are a bit wider and more traditional.

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
There is this brand which I just discovered (although they have been in the game for quite some time, apparently). They are called Connection Knitwear. As the name implies, I think they started out with knitwear but they are now fully into the repro game.
They are from Italy, quality is top notch and they do MTM. Communication is awful (https://www.connectionknitwear.com/product/manx/) but the quality is really good.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burgus Plus makes some fairly slim lower-rise chinos in a variety of colors. They're Hinoya's house brand. 401z is very modern, others are a bit wider and more traditional.

Marrkt has a deadstock sale on these.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Treble

Reaction score
There is this brand which I just discovered (although they have been in the game for quite some time, apparently). They are called Connection Knitwear. As the name implies, I think they started out with knitwear but they are now fully into the repro game.
They are from Italy, quality is top notch and they do MTM. Communication is awful (https://www.connectionknitwear.com/product/manx/) but the quality is really good.

Not to sound contrarian, but I found them really helpful and the suede jacket I purchased was great (and well priced) despite not working out size-wise. I found they usually used Facebook messenger to communicate which was a bit weird.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1st Pat-rn is a really cool brand. I had their Anders blazer for a hot minute last year, trying to go for the casual look similar to @whorishconsumer's RRL venture. Unfortunately it was a bit small on me so I unloaded it but I think the quality is their for the price. It had these really cool herringbone pockets on the inside that gave it the militaria vibe that works well with Ivy looks. The second image has the more accurate color, which was a deeper gray that was very versatile and looked great with jeans and cords. If they remade this particular jacket I'd probably pull the trigger.

View attachment 1681023
View attachment 1681024

I have an Anders in my line-up as well, and it's just like, the perfect casual blazer. No weird tech fabrics, soft, easy, lots of pockets for stuff.

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Not to sound contrarian, but I found them really helpful and the suede jacket I purchased was great (and well priced) despite not working out size-wise. I found they usually used Facebook messenger to communicate which was a bit weird.

Hi! I didn't explain myself clearly. I meant the "visual communication", which is really DIY :)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Anders in my line-up as well, and it's just like, the perfect casual blazer. No weird tech fabrics, soft, easy, lots of pockets for stuff.

1st Pat-RN is killing it. Love that you carry the line. Their jackets are a nice progression from the Engineered Garments stuff that I bought so many years ago.

I have two pair of the Reco trousers that I bought at S&S 3-4 years ago that I love. They'e seen a ton of wear but are sadly a bit big on me now. I've corresponded with Cristiano a few times and he's so passionate about fabrics and design and was a joy with chat with.

I picked up a couple of the covid masks directly from their web store before S&S carried them and I get so many comments/questions about them.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll second Burgus Plus. The 401 is a good fit; IME it's more of a "regular" fit than slim, although like a lot of Japanese brands the rise is on the lowish side of medium. They are very good value via Denimio. I think my 33w measure 8.5" at the hem. Not sure if Z means zipper like Lee, but the ones I have are button fly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads